Author Topic: Radstock well way pit coal disaster 1839  (Read 14475 times)

Offline tangwa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Radstock well way pit coal disaster 1839
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 June 12 02:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Janet,

I have a very old photocopy of the memorial, your info was great though as I didn't know where it was :), Wikipedia was also helpful in understanding the geography of the area and different parishes - many thanks!!

Also I noticed you have a name interest in "Moon", I have a Martha Moon born abt 1820 married to Henry Summers born abt 1816. Henry is William's brother.

I also know that William and Henry's father was Charles who married Sarah bull at St Johns in 1814. Charles was also a miner- as noted in above links.

not sure it there is a link but thought I'd throw it out there, :)

It's great learning about this part of the world, I just never knew I had so much English ancestry! :)

Thanks again everyone!

Tanya
Robilliard, Milne, Ogier, Lihou, Heckenberg, Beckett, Summers, Keevil, Appleton,Bilston, Chivers, Hogg, Patison, Mcgillivray, Anderson, Van de Wouw, Van der Loo,  Van der Meijden, Van Vugt, Marien, Cornelius

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 July 12 17:51 BST (UK) »
You might also find this site helpful.  wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/Somerset Coalfield Connections.

radstockjeff
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline elihu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 July 12 04:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Tanya     Further information on Elizabeth Summers parents Robert Keevil & Martha Flower children Salima, Elizabeth Flower, Martha Flower & Farnham. Salima m, James Fussell, Elizabeth m William Summers &Joseph Roberts son William Keevil Roberts elizabeth died the day William was chrisinted ,& Farnham m Eliza Matthews. Robert the farther can to Australia as a convict in 1835.My interest is in the marrage of Martha Flower marrage to Elisha Keevil and marrage to Mary Ann Nunan when he came to South Australia  very difficult to find in correct information. This information may be of use     elihu

Offline tangwa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 09 August 12 13:26 BST (UK) »
Yes, this is very useful...I initially thought Robert had three wives!! but now I have found a marriage on family search between Martha Keevil and Elisha Keevil. This is very interesting...which Martha?? The mother of Elizabeth or is it her sister?? Martha Jnr would have been very young! I wonder if you could share a little more on this??

I thought I'd also mention that I have "Ann Mary Keevil" as daughter of Robert and Marther Keovil

I have not confirmed this, it is on free reg.

Thanks for your info Elihu :)
Robilliard, Milne, Ogier, Lihou, Heckenberg, Beckett, Summers, Keevil, Appleton,Bilston, Chivers, Hogg, Patison, Mcgillivray, Anderson, Van de Wouw, Van der Loo,  Van der Meijden, Van Vugt, Marien, Cornelius

Offline elihu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 August 12 07:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Tanya
       Thanks for your reply.
Robert Keevil (1784-d Aus) m Martha Flower(1786-1822) children
1- Salima(1809-1891) d Nirranda Vic m James Fussell (1809-1893)
2-Ann Mary (1812-?) m Robert Keevil (1803-1857) 1831
3-Martha Flower(1815-?) m Elisha Keevil (1809-?1886Aus)
4-Elizabeth Flower(1818-1842) m (1)William Summers(1814-1839)-1 child Selina Jane
(1839-1920) m Alfred Beckett (1828-1913) (2)Joseph Roberts(1796-1842) 1 child -
William Keevil Roberts (1842-1923) m Lucy Bilson(1848-1909)
5-Farnham Flower(1821-1849)d Werribee Vic m Eliza Matthews1847 -1child William Henry(1847-1915) m Margaret Galloway-8 children
Very confusing at times when there are same christian names and Keevils married Keevils. Robert and Elisha are brothers and married sisters Ann Mary and Martha Flower
Martha Flower used her maiden name as some of her childrens second name.
There may some more information plus some you already have.

elihu

Offline Wunderchar

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 30 November 12 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Mornings! I've started to trace my family tree and is relation to James Keevill who died with his two sons in the mining diaster....just gonna pop down in town to take a picture of the memorial as I believe the surnames are spelt wrong, I think they have it down as Keevil but its two Ls on the end, it's very confusing as for ages I didn't think they were related because of how there name was spelt

Offline tangwa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 03 December 12 06:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wunderchar!

I've noticed many variations of the name Keevil, and have since noticed so many on the census in this area. I would be very interested to know if you discover your ancestors and any links to my Elizabeth Keevil and her husband William Summers during your research.

Tanya in OZ :)

Offline rory stringer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 19 January 13 15:02 GMT (UK) »
tangwa im also a relation of william summers.

Offline rory stringer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 19 January 13 16:11 GMT (UK) »
hi tanya, my great gran was rose summers, i dont remember her but i do remember her brother and sister, may summers and charlie summers i think he told me he was born in 1893 in midsomer norton. rory