Author Topic: Gallaghers and Moores of Lisdurraun, Meelick, Swinford  (Read 4285 times)

Offline Darancestry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gallaghers and Moores of Lisdurraun, Meelick, Swinford
« on: Saturday 02 June 12 16:02 BST (UK) »
In 1901 and 1911, My GGG Grandmother Catherine Gallagher (widowed) lived in Lisdurraun, Meelick, Swinford along with my GG grandmother Mary Moore (widow of Christopher Moore) and my G Grandmother Nellie Moore.

Is anyone familiar with the Gallagher or Moore families in Lisdurraun?

I understand Mary, Nellie and Christopher lived in Middlesbrough, England in the 1880/1890s.

In Griffiths Valuation, John Gallagher and Honoria Gallagher resided in separate homes in Lisdurraun.

Do any of these people sound familiar to you?

Also, would love to hear from anyone who now lives in Lisdurraun and can describe life there today.

Offline willis1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Gallaghers and Moores of Lisdurraun, Meelick, Swinford
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 August 13 21:29 BST (UK) »
Just saw the query about the Gallagher and Moore family of Lisdurraun.I live in Lisdurraun and my G G G  grandmother was Catherine  Gallagher .My grandmother was Catherine Moore who had a sister Ellen who emigrated to the U S A .

Offline Darancestry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 August 13 00:33 BST (UK) »
Hello.  Yes, my great grandmother was Ellen, although she went by Nellie.  It is great to hear from you.  I have several letters that your grandmother wrote to my family here in America, including a letter congratulating Ellen on the birth of her granddaughter (my mom) that included a four-leaf clover and a St. Patrick medallion.  I also have a photo of a woman sitting in a field that no one in my family has been able to identify--I believe it is Mary Gallagher, your grandmother's mother.  I would love to share information with you.  You can reach me by email at darancestry@gmail.  Best, David. 

Offline Darancestry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 August 13 15:56 BST (UK) »
forgot the .com at the end of my email address.

Offline sonnyo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 11:56 BST (UK) »
Hello Willis1, I have tried to send you a PM, but I got an error message stating your mailbox was full.

David's GG grandfather (Christopher) and my husband's GG grandfather(Edward) were brothers.  Edward married Alice Moloney in Middlesborough, England and had several children (John, Edward, Patrick and Mary Ellen).  Their daughter was my husband's grandmother.  I would like to be able to get some more information about Edward and Christopher's parents (Patrick Moore and Mary Jordan).  Do you have any photo's and also any information about their siblings.  I know they had twin brothers, Peter and Patt, who were born in 1847.  Any information would be appreciated as we live in Australia and have difficulty obtaining records.  Thank you in advance.

Marie

David, I seem to have deleted the message you sent me and cannot remember the information you gave me.  My apologies.

Just saw the query about the Gallagher and Moore family of Lisdurraun.I live in Lisdurraun and my G G G  grandmother was Catherine  Gallagher .My grandmother was Catherine Moore who had a sister Ellen who emigrated to the U S A .