Author Topic: Death Records for MCAULIFFE, Daniel and Mary  (Read 2991 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Death Records for MCAULIFFE, Daniel and Mary
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 June 12 11:11 BST (UK) »
I think the marriage was in County Dublin... there's a possible index match on RootsIreland in 1862 in the RC parish of Booterstown/Blackrock/Dundrum...

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 June 12 11:29 BST (UK) »
Hiya Shane

'Zorba' actually has a few different threads and had mentioned Bray.

Tara

Offline zorbo77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 11 June 12 18:41 BST (UK) »
My goodness!  I'm overwhelmed :)  Thank you all for your time and effort with this.

Where to begin? 

Yes, John Francis McAuliffe (born in Quebec) and Ann Frances Daly (eorum residentia: Dundrum) were married in Booterstown on 26 October 1862.  I had (incorrectly, it seems) assumed that:

1) If the parents of the bride and groom were listed on the marriage register they must be alive.  I thought that the priest would have marked /d/ or written "deceased" beside a deceased parent's name.

2) "Eorum residentia" meant the place where the parents were actually living. 

John and Ann had several children that Tara has discovered on familysearch.org; the couple as well as some  of their children eventually moved to Bray.

As for the Mary McAuliffe born to Daniel McAuliffe and Mary Donoghue on 19 November 1834, it's a possibility.  Daniel was discharged from the British Army in 1843 but it's possible that his Regiment (the 37th Regiment) was in Ireland...maybe it's not a coincidence.

Similarly, it's very possible that Thomas Daly and Susan Walsh married in St. Mary's Pro Cathedral in 1832.  Susan's burial record gives her date of death as 1 April 1871 and says that she was 68 years old (born abt. 1803)

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 11 June 12 23:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Zorba

In an ideal world ALL documentation would be correct, but time and time again I have seen errors.

That's not to say that your's is incorrect, just to bear it in mind when doing searches and not to discount deaths that you may come across from pre 1862.

Tara