Author Topic: Francis Mc Carney --Tyrone,Ireland  (Read 19640 times)

Offline Shane 123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Mc Carney --Tyrone,Ireland
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 26 November 13 18:33 GMT (UK) »
The earliest Patt this could be Patrick or may be Patricia? There are three Patrick's in the Tattymoyle area on the 1827 Tithe list as follows in the town-lands Corahesk,Tattymoyle Lwr and Killyberry there is one grave for Patrick in Donacavey d1840 but this could the person who lived in Tattymoyle lower as yet unanswered?Also there are three Mc Kerneys in this list,two of who live in the adjoining town-land of Stranisk(more on this in the next post )

Offline Shane 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 26 November 13 18:41 GMT (UK) »
This marker is next to Patrick,s marker ,ie one family plot two graves (these pictures are posted on findagrave Donacavey and were taken by me)

Offline Shane 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 26 November 13 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Next in line is James  who married Jane Gormley,they lived in Killyberry.I have no known grave for him but I think he is interred in St Peter and St Pauls graveyard in Fintona.He lived next to Micheal Mc Carney who I am guessing was related in what way I don,t know and Mc Cosker,s who were also related but I don,t know how?They lived beside each other on the same street,they had there own plots and shared grazing rights on plots 6 7 8 and 9(mountain),There was a James Mc Carney also in Stranisk on plot 6 just two fields away who I assume was also related,cousin or may be uncle(the next post will show a picture of there family marker)?The most of there family members went to the USA some Rhode Is MA ,NY and I think( Philly?) The only one staying was Francis who you know of, his family were to also leave for the USA This is a picture of what remains of the house 

Offline Shane 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 26 November 13 19:15 GMT (UK) »
These are from the Mc Carney of Stranisk in 1864 PRAI - Registry of Deeds There was one James Some of the names match up to the 1901/1911 Ireland census
Removed the photos as they were over sized, they read
In memory of
James Frank Mary
Kate Patrick
and Mary Mc Carney
also Elizabeth Campbell
Stranisk

Loving memory
Ellen Mc Carney
Died 6th Nov aged 92 years
her husband Owen
and his parents
Micheal and Alice
Stranisk

Offline Shane 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 26 November 13 19:42 GMT (UK) »
Francis 1864-1950,I have marker photo but will not post it,could sent to you if you want it let me know.He married Bridget Murphy ,Tattymoyle upper,Carriglass Tattymoyle Donacavey(Irish town-lands are like Russian dolls)Plot 21 the plot is on the left hand side of the road. Her father was Bernard, 1864 Registry of deeds, but before this there are no Murphys in Donacavey  1827 so the family most likely came from either Killskerry or across the field  in Co  Fermanagh Pobal parish Tempo   

Offline Shane 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 26 November 13 20:00 GMT (UK) »
Bernard Murphy married Ithink???Mary Mc Court whose parents where Bridget and Peter Mc Court,Peter seems to have disappeared?Died or was away,looking online he may have went to Rhode is MA? or could have died? either way I don,t know.Bridget is shown living in 1864 Registry of deeds Tattymoyle upper Carriglass Donacavey plot 12/10 the two areas are just around the autumn colored trees,Idont know her maiden  name ,Peters Father could be Neal Mc Court ,one of the Ribbandmen from 1837 he is in the right area mixing fintona and Dromore?
http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/tyrone/misc/ribandmen.txt
The only other name close in Donacavey around this time is Mc Cart 1827Tithe list= Mc Cort?
The Mc Court name is found close by in Kilskerry and Dromore
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSsr=81&GScid=2493279&GRid=110635841&

Offline Shane 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 26 November 13 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Now back to Jane Gormley who married James,her father I am guessing is Darby/Dorby a very common name around this time, shows up on the 1827 Tithe list in Stranisk(Which would have made them neighbors) and again on the registry of deeds list 1864 in Corbally a short distance away on plot 13 (Photo). I have no marker or headstone for him yet although I am not finished looking  he could be Fintona or Dromore stock?
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSsr=41&GScid=2493279&GRid=110542179&
http://www.cotyroneireland.com/graveyard/donaghcavey.html
  Baliynagarnan is mentioned  in the second listing.

Offline Shane 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 26 November 13 20:18 GMT (UK) »
I am sorry for breaking it up ,but hope this helps

Offline familyroutes

• RootsChat Senior
  • The O'Kane Family Garvagh
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 12:55 GMT (UK) »

There are 7 children registered in Fintona to a Francis McCarney and Ann Donnelly
Michael 1870
Mary Ann 1871
Catherine 1873
Francis 1875
Rose 1878
Patrick 1880
Elizabeth Jane 1883

Very often the children are named in a pattern...
1st son named after his paternal grandfather..i.e. Michael
2nd son named after his father...i.e. Francis
3rd son named after his maternal grandfather

Ist daughter named after her maternal grandmother
2nd daughter named after her mother
3rd daughter named after her maternal grandmother

The first daughter here is Mary Ann...so there's a chance that Mary is her paternal grandmother's name....it's not an exact science!!!

There is a widow Rose McCarney living in the same townland in 1901...could she be Francis's mother??

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tyrone/Draughton/Aghafad/1742987/
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tyrone/Draughton/Lackagh/1743066/

Lackagh is pronounced Lacca ...this probably explains the confusion in the spelling of the name.
O'Kane, O'Mullan: Garvagh Derry
Bowe: Currabaha ,Waterford
McManus: Aghagallon ,Antrim
McGowan: Drumshambo, Leitrim