Author Topic: Lamb Family, Cockerham 1800's  (Read 29032 times)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Lamb Family, Cockerham 1800's
« Reply #54 on: Monday 11 November 13 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Accringtonian,

You can send this whole posting to your friend by clicking on "send this topic" then Ruth can read the other posts.

Great little chippy at Glasson Dock ;)

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tortiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 12 November 13 10:47 GMT (UK) »
I would be interested in corresponding since I have at least one Lamb family in my ancestry (look back through these posts to see the details).
frian
Hi Frian, I think we have already been in touch about Lambs - either this site or another one, but thanks anyway.

Offline Accringtonian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 12 November 13 11:17 GMT (UK) »
I am getting in touch with my friend Ruth in the hope that she will correspond with the rest of the herd. Bob
Dobson ; Hindle; Rigby

guest189040

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 21 September 16 14:56 BST (UK) »
Resurrecting my thread to see if there are any further Board members who have started researching the Lambs.

In another thread in the Australian section a member there helped with some research in Sydney with the resultant effect is that we found two Cousins who were adopted when they were very youg so 5* help from members of this forum.

Offline MaggyH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 21 September 16 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin, I'm still making slow progress! I splashed out on a DNA test through Ancestry and got a few positive matches mainly from descendants of my 5th grandparents William Physick and Mary Morely. I have a positive match from a descendant of Elizabeth Lamb (1852-1918), daughter of Richard Lamb (1827-1897)and Jane Hardman (1831-1905). Richard Lamb is a son of John Lamb  and Ann Threlfall, but Elizabeth Lamb married Robert Hoole (1853-1918), Robert Hoole is son of John Hoole and Betty Physick who is also related to William Physick and Mary Morely, so I'm none the wiser! 

guest189040

« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 21 September 16 18:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggie

Long time no speak.

I have Elizabeth in my tree but have not yet researched the detail.

There are so many Lamb's in and around Cockerham its difficult to know who is who but we will get there.

I have just searched LAN OPC for her and found the detail of her marriage to Robert so have added him to the tree.

Her younger sister Jane married Richard Raby and we went to find their graves in Glasson a while back, very moving experience.

We actually went on an Ancester hunt holiday last year to Monmouthsire and Herefordshire where my Paternal Grandmother and her relatives came from.  We even found a small shop in Monmouth which is now a Florist that the Evans's lived and worked in as Shoemakers, the florist let us have a hunt around upstairs, not that sent shivers down my back nkowing that my Great Great Grandfather and Great Grandfather lived and worked there.  I even found the house where my Grandmother and Father wold have been born.  Very moving.

Its this arm of the family that I have been researching more.  If you think the Lamb's are confusing by Ancesters are also the Evans, Jones and Williams now they do cause a headache especially as they are from South Wales.

Echo Ancestry DNA, we have also done that, confusing results and the people linked are pretty U/S as hardly any have trees and those that do have no similar names or they have ignored the messages

Offline Janet66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Colin Maggie , I just joined roots and have  been researching my tree since Jan 17 , Maggie my 5th great grandparents are also William Physick & Mary Morley - Ann Threlfall Lamb is A great aunt but I have two Threlfall friends and was trying to link them into my tree ! Albeit gets very messy. Back to my Fishwick/ Scott/ Parkinson / Threlfall tree - thank you for the info here as I too had barked up the wrong tree with Lamb links. Anycase I am a newbie so need to print this off and relate it to my tree ! DNA kit on its way ..and would love some tips for getting past 1710 for the Physicks in Tathum !! ( nipping there was fruitless our relatives were too poor and soon got shipped off to Cockerham !! ) ..thank you again Maggie ( were obviously connected - this is so addictive !!! )

Offline tortiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Thursday 09 March 17 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janet66. Don't know if this is of any interest to you but here are the names of Threlfalls and also a Morley which I have taken from my database of Thurnham residents. Hope it is of some use. Just realised I had to save it in PDF form so here is the attachment - er - no it isn't as its too large. I'll try again!.

Offline Mavis Long

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 19 March 17 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Ian 'Frain' please contact (*) - descendant of John LAMB & Hannah WADSWORTH,

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php