Author Topic: Marion Slimman  (Read 830 times)

Offline icini

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me
    • View Profile
Marion Slimman
« on: Saturday 21 May 05 20:24 BST (UK) »
Seeking information on Marion Slimman born Jan 20, 1773 to John Slimman and Margarat Murdoch. John and Margarat were married Feb 13, 1761.  Marion married William Fisher 1800. She died 1855. All in Wiston Roberton parish.  I can share information on Marions descendants with William Fisher, but would like to know about her parents, siblings, etc.   thanks to anyone who can help.   Donna
Lanarkshire: Dow, Dickson, Duncan, Buchanan,  Maclachlan, Wallace, Mitchel, Freckleton, Dollar, Whitten(on),Liverance, Murray, Gibson, Scoular, Telfer, Fisher,Slimman
Bo'ness: Henderson, Wallace, Foot(e)
Irvine: Petrie, Millar, Jaffrey, Allen,Boyd,
Edinburgh: Huldberg, Smith, Main, primrose
Roxburgh: Main, Smith, Sutherland
Wales: Islay, Wilkes, Morris, Ponter
England: Murray ( Windsor), Ponter ( Bath),
Ireland: Whitten, Irvine, Miller, McWilliams,Tremble,Greenaway, Stevenson,Wilson

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marion Slimman
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 May 05 20:37 BST (UK) »
Seeking information on Marion Slimman born Jan 20, 1773 to John Slimman and Margarat Murdoch. John and Margarat were married Feb 13, 1761.  Marion married William Fisher 1800. She died 1855. All in Wiston Roberton parish.  I can share information on Marions descendants with William Fisher, but would like to know about her parents, siblings, etc.   thanks to anyone who can help.   Donna
think this is Marion but dont match your date
Marion Slimman b 21/3/1773
   chris 29/3/1773 at Wiston & Roberttson
father John Slimman
no mother listed

audrey

Offline icini

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 May 05 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hello: Did you get that off the IGI? I found a listing there for birth and Christening. I got the mother's name off Marion's death certificate. Also got a list of living children, and place of burial. The 1855 death certs were very detailed. It even listed how long she had lived in the parish.   so I think you are correct, as it matches what I have.  I will have to do some proper searching when I am home on holidays.   Thank you for your time., I appreciate it.   Donna
Lanarkshire: Dow, Dickson, Duncan, Buchanan,  Maclachlan, Wallace, Mitchel, Freckleton, Dollar, Whitten(on),Liverance, Murray, Gibson, Scoular, Telfer, Fisher,Slimman
Ireland: Whitten, Irvine, Miller, McWilliams,Tremble,Greenaway, Stevenson,Wilson

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 May 05 10:46 BST (UK) »
there were other children listed for John but with there being no mother listed I could not tell if they were all the same family
audrey

Offline icini

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 May 05 14:50 BST (UK) »
I know what you mean. Sometimes I try to find other entries on SP for what I hope might be siblings. However given that you have spend the credits to view the certs
( to confirm parents), it becomes very pricey. maybe when I win the lottery??   Donna