Author Topic: COMPLETED - Burial Details Blaenau Ffestiniog - Eric Jones 1951  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Hercule Poirot

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COMPLETED - Burial Details Blaenau Ffestiniog - Eric Jones 1951
« on: Saturday 09 June 12 09:06 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out burial details for an ERIC JONES who's death was registered at Merioneth North MAR Qtr vol 8C / page 12 and who is known to have lived in the Summerhill Terrace area at the time of his death when he was just 29.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline nestagj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Details Blaenau Ffestiniog - Eric Jones 1951
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 June 12 11:36 BST (UK) »
Hello and welcome to Roots Chat

I have just checked the website of Gwynedd CC and Bethesda cemetery appears to be their responsibility.    If you can give them a date of death they will be able to check if he is buried there.  I believe they charge a fee for the search.  Phone number is 01766 771000

Alternatively they have been happy in the past for me to search the burial registers and have shown me the plan of the cemetery.   

I assume you are not local - I would suggest you ask for a look up from someone in the area, unfortunately its a bit too far from me  :-[ .   There are lists of the monumental inscriptios for many of the local cemeteries - i'm sorry I do not know if Bethesda is one but someone is sure to know !

i would also perhaps see if someone is willing to look for the other family graves you mention - it may be that he has been buried in the same grave as one of them; this used to happen quite regularly.

Nesta

Offline Hercule Poirot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 June 12 12:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks Nesta

Offline nestagj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 June 12 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

Try a look up request first - many rootschatters already have the MI booklets and there may be someone willing to pop to the County Council offices in Dolgellau for you.   I would think that the fact that you have the quarter he died in may be enough for the CC look up. 

I'm sorry Dolgellau is a bit too far for me - Pwllheli is just down the road !

As regards your australian realtives - have you tried google; it can be so hard when you have made contact and then it doesn't continue.  My husband's cousin googled her grandad's name and found the rootschat thread I had started to find somehelp in tracing his family..........we are now in contact with the family there.
Nesta

Good hunting
Nesta