Author Topic: Death records  (Read 11838 times)

Offline Gaffney101

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death records
« Reply #27 on: Friday 21 August 15 04:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Zepadee,  another trove of information, I'm amazed.  One thing I would like to find is a link connecting William Gaffney to his sons William J.  and Richard who we know for certain did not travel to New Zealand.  I found New Zealand death records and wonder if William's death certificate would name all of his surviving children.  Thanks again. 
Gaffney 101

Offline Zepadee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 22 August 15 06:20 BST (UK) »
Hello 101.........Re my William GAFFNEY"S sons.........I do not know of a Richard as one of William's sons.......The list I have from another persons research is Sarah, Mary, William all born Armagh and Eliza unsure about birthplace with Alexander and Susannah born Van Diemens Land......William, the son, died in Christchurch NZ June 1880, who obviously did migrate with the family as he is mentioned on shipping records to NZ in 1858 aged 9..The family came to Aust 1850.......No children are mentioned on William Snr's death certificate........It seems likely that William Snr whilst in the army was stationed in Armagh for some time as that is where he married in 1838 and three or four of his children were born there........
I have copies of two NSW Australia death registrations unable to link them to my GAFFNEY.... Peter GAFFNEY a Tailor aged early sixties died March 1886 place of birth Ireland wife Sarah KENNEDY who died April 1878 aged 56 born Co Armagh............Zepadee

Offline Gaffney101

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 18:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Zepadee, sorry for the delay.  I am now certain the records showing the family migrating to Australia and NZ is not consistent with our family. The sons of William j gaffney are William E, James, Richard, Philip, Peter, Fred and Walter.  All migrated to US except for WilliamE who may have stayed in Glasgow.  No data on Philip and Peter.  The senior William in military may still be a viable lead.  Thanks Zepadee.