Author Topic: CROZIER HALL LAWSON DOUGLAS TURNER  (Read 5626 times)

Offline koha

• RootsChat Extra
  • Alice Crozier Born 1863
    • View Profile
CROZIER HALL LAWSON DOUGLAS TURNER
« on: Thursday 14 June 12 12:28 BST (UK) »
I'm researching my CROZIER  family tree.

Thomas Wilkinson was Father of Thomasina Wilkinson who married Henry Turner ( about 1850's)
Henry & Thomasina  had , amongst others, Alice Turner b.1863.
Alice Turner Married William Crozier.  Houghton-le-spring.1881.
Alice & William had 11 children.
William Crozier jnr.b.1880/81 New Herrington.   Died 16th Feb 1909.
Thomasina Crozier.b.1882.Boyne.Co Dur. Died about 1915.  She was  Married  to Benjamin Hanton. born about 1878.married at. Lanchester.  Aug.1906. (his father was called George Hanton)
Agnes Crozier.b.1884.Boyne.   Married  At Beamish on 2nd Dec 1905. to William Douglas. b. about. 1881. ( His father was also a  William Douglas)
Henry Crozier. b. 1886.Stanley.
Elizabeth Crozier. b.1888. Stanley.   Married Mark Hall, b. about 1884 ( his father was John Hall)   on 2nd Dec 1905. St Andrews Church. Stanley. Durham.
Thomas Crozier. b. 1890. Stanley.   Died 16th Feb 1909.
Alice Crozier.b.1892. Stanley. Married at Lanchester on 24th Feb 1912  to Robert John Gill b.about 1885. ( His father was also a Robert Gill)
John Crozier.b. 1894. Stanley.   Married at Craghead, Lanchester. on 4th Jan. 1919. to Isabella Draper.  b.about.1898. ( Her father was William Draper)
George Crozier. 1896. Stanley.  Married  at Lanchester, Beamish on 24th Aprl.1920. to Mary Ann Lewins. b. about.1899. ( Her Father was called Foster Lewins)
Margaret Ann Crozier. b. 1900. Stanley.  Married  at Lanchester, on 25th Feb.1922. to William Beck  Lawson. b. about. 1896.  ( His Father was called George Lawson)
Hilda Crozier .b. Jan.1903 Stanley Durham. Died Sussex Aug 1972. ( My Gran)

My GGrandfather - William Crozier snr (53) and two of his sons, William jnr (29) and Thomas Crozier(18yrs) were all three killled in the West Stanley Pit Disaster of 16th Feb. 1909.
Alice Crozier Nee Turner died in 1926  at 64 years of age.and is buried in the east Stanley graveyard.
I would love to learn more about the remaining family members.

Rowland Crozier .b. 1833 Gosforth. Co Durham.  Married Mary Ann Hemsley 1854, her fathers name was William. Mary Ann died at just 31 yrs of age in 1860 of Bronchitis.  Rowland &  Mary Ann  Had at least one child  a son - William Crozier b.1856. Shoulder of Mutton Lane, Gosforth. Coxlodge.Co Durham.( He was my Grandfather who married Alice Turner and who was killed in the pit 1909)
Just one year later in 1861 Rowland Crozier married Sarah Price.  She was born about 1833 in Muggleswick, Northumberland.
Rowland went on to have several children with Sarah Price

Mary Ann Crozier.b.1862. Gosforth.
Margaret J Crozier.b. 1864. Gosforth. Co Durham.
Sarah Elizabeth Crozier. b. 1867. Ryton. Durham. Married John Hutchinson,  Lanchester. Mar quar. 1889.   Dau  Dorothy Hutchinson b. 1890/91. Tanfield. Durham.
John Crozier.b. Ryton. Durham.

I would welcome any information.
Best wishes
Frances
Auckland
NZ

DURHAM: CROZIER/DRAPER/LAWSON/LEWINS/DOUGLAS/HUTCHINSON/  Hall/GILL/ HANTON.
BERKSHIRE: SEAMAN
CORK, IRELAND:  SEAMAN/STANTON/LYONS/MAHONEY,
CUMBERLAND:  FARREN/MOSSOP/BROCKLEBANK
LANCASHIRE: SIMPSON

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: CROZIER HALL LAWSON DOUGLAS TURNER
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 June 12 20:14 BST (UK) »
First of all Gosforth is in Northumberland.  Posh area now.

Baptisms Gosforth:

George Crozier baptised 15 Nov 1836 s/o Rowland and Elizabeth
Michael Crozier baptised 27 Oct 1839 s/o Rowland and Elizabeth

Rowland Crozier married Elizabeth Wardle in Newcastle St. John 4 Oct 1834

You also need to look at Crosier, Croser, Crozer

Rowland Crozier buried at Stanley Cemetery, age 60, miner, 26 Apr 1892
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline koha

• RootsChat Extra
  • Alice Crozier Born 1863
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 June 12 07:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your propmt reply 2zpool, I had not seen those baptism details before.     Many thanks, Frances. ( Koha)
DURHAM: CROZIER/DRAPER/LAWSON/LEWINS/DOUGLAS/HUTCHINSON/  Hall/GILL/ HANTON.
BERKSHIRE: SEAMAN
CORK, IRELAND:  SEAMAN/STANTON/LYONS/MAHONEY,
CUMBERLAND:  FARREN/MOSSOP/BROCKLEBANK
LANCASHIRE: SIMPSON

Offline verezzi

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 July 18 21:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,

This is a late reply. Interested to see all this information and the photo of Alice. I am related through the Wilkinson side through Alice's mother Thomasina- the Wilkinson's have been a pain to track!

I have little Crozier information as I am not related to that side but just for info:

William Crozier and Alice Turner had two other children not listed here who died in infancy- Robert (1898-1899) and Sarah Jane (1901-?) You can pluck these from the GRO website by doing birth searches with the mother's maiden name included. I have their first son William born illegitmate and registered initially in Herrington as 'William Turner' rather than Crozier but you probably know that already. Also you mention Agnes marrying in Beamish and Elizabeth marrying in Stanley- have you noticed this is the same day as a double wedding? I have them both as marrying in Stanley but being useless I haven't sourced my notes, sorry!

Hope this helps. I have an Ancestry tree called schilver you could look at but it doesn't take the Wilkinsons back very far, they are a pain especially Thomasina's mum Alice who I suspect your Alice Turner will be named for. I am writing a book on the Wilkinsons and their extended family but it is taking YEARS!

Dan
Durham: Hall, Wilkinson, Taggart, Woodcock, Watson, Gray, Wood, Cummings, Wheldon, Robinson, Cowley, Perkins, Burnside, Corby
Yorkshire: Petty, Blenkiron, Stabler, Garforth.
Northumberland: Wood, Hall, Wilkinson.
Lincolnshire: Bavin, Cook, Graves/Greaves, Catten
Gloucestershire: Smith, Jones, Wheeler
Ireland: Taggart, Workman.
Warwickshire: Commander, Betts.
Staffordshire/Worcestershire: Perkins, Commander, Plant, Nock, Guest, Hackett