Author Topic: Maryborough Prison. This is probably a stupid question but...  (Read 6399 times)

Offline TinaRE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maryborough Prison. This is probably a stupid question but...
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 February 17 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I'm probably very late to the party - but not too late, I hope. Would you believe, I'm researching the same family in a roundabout way! I'm not a relation of yours but I'm very interested in a man that lodged with these Dowlings in 5 Erris Road in Cabra in the 1930's. His name was Oliver Ryan and Mary Dowling appears to have been very good to him. Would you have any information on him? His 1916 medals were sent to Mary Dowling too...he moved out of this house in 1935. 
Here is a link to his military pension file where he mentions Mary Dowling....
http://mspcsearch.militaryarchives.ie/detail.aspx

If the link doesn't work - go to military service pension and then look up 'Oliver Ryan' in the search for individual pensions. There you will find some mentions of your great aunt?

I hope this gives you something more to go on if indeed you are still looking for extra information.  There was also a Patricia Dowling and a Mary J (these are probably two of the children and a Bernard Dowling who died in 1940.

I also know that the houses in Cabra were built around 1932 so that is when they would have moved to there - it is very near the Navan Road.

Any information you have on Oliver Ryan would be gratefully received.

Thanks.