Author Topic: Silvanus Pike ca 1790 - 1878  (Read 8913 times)

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Silvanus Pike ca 1790 - 1878
« Reply #9 on: Monday 25 June 12 11:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Emma

I may have found a clue to a surname switch to pursue at Hampshire Record Office:

Ref. No. 63M83/B1/367  Draft abstract of title [of executrix of Neptune Pike otherwise Neptune Pike Smith of Pamber, hawker] to cottage and 2r 5p of garden ground, Forest Lane, Pamber.  Mar 1934

This probably ties in with FreeBMD Death Jun 1931 PIKE  Neptune  71  Basingstoke  2c 247, who could be the son of Noah/Susanna PIKE at Brimpton 1861?

dee-jay
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mamor

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 29 June 12 14:35 BST (UK) »
Emma,

Sylvanus' son Noah Pike (baptised 26 July 1829 Hungerford) is on my husband's tree.  He married Susanna Williams which is the line I have been tracing.  I have also found it difficult to trace back as they travelled so much that they could have been baptised pretty much anywhere!

I have also come across Bucklands, Hicks and Blacks - all travellers/Romanies etc.  If you think I have something which might help you then let me know and I'll dig out my paperwork.

Monique :-)
FREEMANTLE - Hampshire  WILLIAMS - Gypsy/Romany family  GILES - Greenham  GILMORE - London  AMOR - Pewsey/Wilcot  DULIEU - London  BISHOP - Enborne  WILLIAMS - Kent BROWN - Kent/Peckham TIDMARSH

Offline tweetypie666

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 11 November 14 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Emma

My great uncle is silvenus pike.died 1918 in WW1
I have a photo and lots more info if you want to contact me

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Buzzard Girl

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 17 March 17 08:59 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find if anybody has any photos or certificates relating to Silvanus Pike.  I believe he is my 4th Great Grandfather.  I have photos of his Great Grandaughter Susan Pike (with husband William Frankham) plus their wedding certificate so am happy to swap.

Please get in touch I would love to hear any info you have.

Many thanks