Author Topic: 1891 censusYnismond Cadoxton Glamorgan  (Read 930 times)

Offline Bethan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1891 censusYnismond Cadoxton Glamorgan
« on: Sunday 22 May 05 20:35 BST (UK) »
Please has anyone got acess to the 1891 census for Glamorgan,I am trying to find David Davies born Abergwilli,in 1881 he lived at Ynyismond Road with his wife Mary+children William ,Thomas,Margret,+Daniel he would have been aged 64 in 1891 +his wife 61,The reason that I want to check the census is that his son George is reputed to have emigrated in 1887+the family in America are not sure if David and his wife went with them,if they did not we can then look for thier death certificates in Wales,I have looked for them in the 1901 but could not find them,Hoping that someone can help Thanks Bethan
Denton,Barfoot,Emery in Bedford.Howells of Pembroke,Davies of Rhymney,Jones of Carmarthen.

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 censusYnismond Cadoxton Glamorgan
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 May 05 20:50 BST (UK) »
Don't know whether this one is related
RG12/4517 Carmarthen Folio 43 Page 16
12 St Peters Street, St Peters, Carmathen
David Davies Head S 54 Naval Pensioner Abergwilli Carmarthen

Next door in number 13
John Davies Head M 72 Carpenter Conwil "
Mary Wife M 65 " "
John Son S 39 Tinplate worker Whitland "
Mary A daur S 23 Milliner Dress Carmarthen "
George S Son S 21 Mineral Water Bottler " "
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Bethan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 May 05 21:19 BST (UK) »
Sorry Mary wrong family,my family were living in Ynysmond Road Ynysmond Glamorgan in 1881.in 1891 David would have been 64, Mary his wife would have been 61 ,and if the other children had left home,they would possibly have had Daniel 15 living with them ,Thank you anyway for your time,Bethan
Denton,Barfoot,Emery in Bedford.Howells of Pembroke,Davies of Rhymney,Jones of Carmarthen.

Offline NigelG

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 May 05 09:42 BST (UK) »
Just sent you a PM Bethan  :)
Davies, Edwards, Evans, Griffiths, Hughes, James, Jones, Morgan, Nicholas, Powell, Prytherch, Rees, Williams in Glamorgan, Brecon, PEM, CMN & MGY

Biddle, Budd, Clark/e, Davis/Davies, Elliott, Emery, Harper, Harris, Lloyd, Parsons, Phillips, Pitt, Reed/Reid/Read/Rhead, Rogers, Scandrett, Smith, Tyler & Waldron in Staffs, Worcs, Hef, Cheshire, Shrops., Middlesex & Surrey.

Cooghan/Coogan/Cogan - Castleblaney, Co Monaghan

Census Information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Skycopbob

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 February 14 00:11 GMT (UK) »
Have you found much more information on my gf Gorge Davies and wife Frances Amanda. I have much information on his American family but very little on Welsh family. Only know names of his father David and mother Mary. I would appreciate as much as you could offer and how best to share it. I just came across a print out of a portion of your search in my own records from 2005. From what I gather on your post I may call you cousin depending on what we find we have in common.
Bob Davies

Offline Bethan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 02 April 14 21:23 BST (UK) »
Just found your message Bob, I am not related to the Davies family, I was helping a family in the USA who were trying to trace ancestors, the family in Question  were people I met through Facebook, and sadly I lost my Facebook page and so lost touch with them

Best Wishes Bethan