Author Topic: Thomas Henry Morgan  (Read 7132 times)

Offline curtisd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Henry Morgan
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 12:11 BST (UK) »
this would perhaps be more likely for a Yorkshire birth?

Janet Ann Jones
Apr-Jun 1869
Saddleworth, Yorkshire - West Riding
Volume 9a, page 239

Certificate arrived. It lists father as Edward Jones, so I assume it is the wrong birth certificate.

Offline z

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 August 12 14:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Curtis

Not sure about Edward Jones how about you?

Jeanet/Janet/Jeanette appears to alternate her birthplace between Lancashire and Yorkshire making this slightly trickier however I am wondering whether she was born in Yorkshire? The family may have moved whilst she was small and she doesn't remember - so this one caught my eye as Barnsley Dist would cover the Hoyland Nether area which is where the family are to be found in 1861 ...................

Free bmd - Janet Jones Qtr4 1868 Reg Dist Barnsley Vol 9c Pg 173

She may not have been registered at all so maybe you might want to consider ordering a search in the area as opposed to providing specific entry details as above - stating the fathers name of David Jones and not providing the index info etc etc and that way if nothing is found you will be issued a refund ;D

Also worth a mention I came across a couple of snippets that may assist you with your search but hasten to add are not conclusive but see what you think as they may fall into place with a little more rooting around ;D

Lancashire UKBMD have an interesting birth entry for a Lewis Jones 1870 .............
PRES/191/39 - Lewis Jones - Sub Dist Preston - Registers at Preston - Mothers Maiden Name Lewis

and then I came across this ...............

Marriage of David Jones Bachelor Labourer and Mary Lewis Spinster 12 Nov 1855 in the Parish of Barnsley Silkstone both of full age Residence Barnsley - Fathers name John Jones Fireman - William Lewis Sawyer -  Witnesses Ann  ??? and Thomas Fallom?

Mary Lewis and her father William proved rather elusive but did come across a possibility for David although not with his father the family names appear to be similiar to that of his own family ...............

1841 H0107 1422 Dist 14 Folio 8 Pg 8 - Civil Parish Llangonoyd - Address ?
Margaret Jones 42 Ann 14 Margaret 12 David 8 Jennet Jones 5 All born in County apart from Margaret

1851 H0107 2461 90 4 - Civil Parish Llangynwyd Cwmdu- Address 5 Powell Row
Margaret Jones  Head Wid 43? I think it reads Ystradgynlais Glam - Washerwoman
Margaret daug unmar 22 Llangynwyd - Washerwoman
David son unmar 18 Llangynwyd - Pudler
Richard Lewis Grandson 2 Maesteg

Offline curtisd

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 August 12 14:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you for taking the time to research this. I will order the birth certificate and see what it says.

Offline z

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 08 August 12 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hi me again

It may be worth looking for a siblings marriage to see whether they share the same fathers details and hopefully confirm that this is the correct family for David - suggest FreeReg/Family Search and FindMyPast (new Welsh Parish Collection) and not forgetting the Rootschatters here who never fail to amaze me with their incredible knowledge and detective work ;D

Anyway hope this helps and all the best

Z :)  

Offline curtisd

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 15 August 12 19:46 BST (UK) »
Birth certificate for Jeannete Jones arrives. It lists her parents as David Jones and Mary Lewis so it appears you are correct, thank you for your help.

Offline z

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 16 August 12 11:16 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thank-you for letting me know and I wish you all the very best with your research

Regards

Z :)

Offline curtisd

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 14 November 12 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Marriage of David Jones Bachelor Labourer and Mary Lewis Spinster 12 Nov 1855 in the Parish of Barnsley Silkstone both of full age Residence Barnsley - Fathers name John Jones Fireman - William Lewis Sawyer -  Witnesses Ann  Huh and Thomas Fallom?

I have been searching for mothers name for Mary Lewis and cannot find anything. Is it possible that for William Lewis Sawyer his surname is Lewis Sawyer? Or is just his occupation?

Kind regards,

Curtis

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 14 November 12 19:42 GMT (UK) »
Erm - may be wrong but I think the father is William Lewis, whose occupation is sawyer?

Offline curtisd

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 14 November 12 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I misread.