Author Topic: Moir / Banchory Ternan 1638 to 1864  (Read 15637 times)

Offline tommy62

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Moir / Banchory Ternan 1638 to 1864
« Reply #18 on: Friday 05 December 14 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello, thank you, I have tried to find them on census forms (Banchory ternan/Aberdeen/Dundee) using scotlands people site, I can only find them on the 1871 census at Lyon place Dundee (Duncan, Elizabeth and Fanny (Frances). I have Elizabeth at carnegie street Dundee in 1913, but can not find out when or where Duncan died, I only know that Elizabeth was a widow when she died in 1913.There were many Duncan Moir's in Scotland around the same time and another Duncan Moir was born in 1843 (same year as my Duncan william Davidson Moir) in newhills aberdeen . I have contacted the council to ask for a search for Elizabeth Moir's grave and expect to hear back from them shortly and hope that they may give me more information. I hope that there is other family members buried with her, as it may help me with my research, many thanks Dundee Lass
I can fill in most the gaps on Duncan William Davidson Moir please contact me. Email: (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline tommy62

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Moir / Banchory Ternan 1638 to 1864
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 11 December 14 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi contact me to discuss D W D Moir. Regards Tommy Sutherland