Author Topic: did your ancestors have connections to BOHEMIA ESTATE or EASTWOOD CHURCH @ essex  (Read 10198 times)

Offline social-butterflies

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
Evening all.
are there any descendants lurking from the travelling & gypsy families of the bohemia estates of eastwood essex?  ;)
or do you have family baptised, married or buried at eastwood church (st laurence & all saints) ???
there will be a get-to-gether of all the eastwood gypsy descendants next month so if any one who is connected would like to go would you please P.M.  for the details  8)
thank you.
 ;D
Just to add that the meeting is this weekend and so far there will are ancestors of Buckley, Bibby, Lamb, Livermore, Smith, Scarrott, Brooks, Allum, Webb, Spencer, Harris & Orchard families from many essex & kent areas, wisbech, norfolk, southampton, peterborough to name a few. so lots of interesting connections.
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
smith (inc epping forest)
heron
bibby

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
Re: did your ancestors live at BOHEMIA ESTATE or connections to EASTWOOD CHURCH
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 July 12 16:12 BST (UK) »
 ;D
message me for the details if you are interested in attending
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
THANK YOU ALL. re; connections to BOHEMIA ESTATE or EASTWOOD CHURCH @ essex
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 July 12 13:27 BST (UK) »
Evening all.
are there any descendants lurking from the travelling & gypsy families of the bohemia estates of eastwood essex?  ;)
or do you have family baptised, married or buried at eastwood church (st laurence & all saints) ???
there will be a get-to-gether of all the eastwood gypsy descendants next month so if any one who is connected would like to go would you please P.M.  for the details  8)
thank you.
 ;D
Just to add that the meeting is this weekend and so far there will are ancestors of Buckley, Bibby, Lamb, Livermore, Smith, Scarrott, Brooks, Allum, Webb, Spencer, Harris & Orchard families from many essex & kent areas, wisbech, norfolk, southampton, peterborough to name a few. so lots of interesting connections.

I must say to all that attended what a wonderful and enjoyable afternoon it was. so many people turned up from far and wide, so many new connections for people who had given up hope at that "brick wall" :) and lots of phone numbers, emails, and address's swapping hands as well as all those amazing photos, lots of which all bar one were identified.
cannot wait till the next time :D brilliant time had by all.
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

Offline poly1963

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Just so sad I missed this. Lots of family connections for me list and my Mum & Aunt were both baptised as St Laurences too.

If there is a next time please let me know.

Best wishes

Poly1963
London: Smith, Huntingford, Goldstone, Dupuy, Lanigan, Barrett, Dyke, Chaplin, Dupuis, Le Brument, Velu, Huet, Hatenville, Lovell, Giles

Essex: Romany connections - Loveridge,  Livermore, Chillystone, Stone, Lamb

Offline anchild

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: did your ancestors have connections to BOHEMIA ESTATE or EASTWOOD CHURCH @ essex
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 August 12 07:15 BST (UK) »
Not sure if her family were travelling folk but Elizabeth (married to John Howard) was born at Eastwood c 1783.  Can you help please? Her daughter Elizabeth was born at Hadleigh in 1802.

Thanks

Offline lisajones0230

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: did your ancestors have connections to BOHEMIA ESTATE or EASTWOOD CHURCH @ essex
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 January 13 22:19 GMT (UK) »
I am so upset I missed this!!! I would have loved nothing more to have met up with family members I have prIbably never met before, so so many names there that are descendants of mine, I so hope there will be another one of these meets x
Scarrott, Livermore, Lamb, Bibby, Smith, Stone Eastwood Essex Area

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 23 January 13 07:26 GMT (UK) »
hello poly1963 & lisajones0230,
we do hope to have another one as there was so much interest shown on the day and still now, people like yourselves, who did not get to attend, so as soon as something is in the pipeliine i will let you  know.
it really was a marvellous day. even people who i knew vaguely, as it turned out they were very closely related and we swapped some great photos, which are so rare to have of our ancestors, its just great.  ;D
will keep you informed through this site (lets hope it stays online lol) or you can p.m. me your emails.
thanks 8)
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
As promised.........details of another meeting............. how does either Friday 28th June of Friday 6th Sept sound for everyone?? just trying to get an idea on dates to see which would be preferred.

hello poly1963 & lisajones0230,
we do hope to have another one as there was so much interest shown on the day and still now, people like yourselves, who did not get to attend, so as soon as something is in the pipeliine i will let you  know.
it really was a marvellous day. even people who i knew vaguely, as it turned out they were very closely related and we swapped some great photos, which are so rare to have of our ancestors, its just great.  ;D
will keep you informed through this site (lets hope it stays online lol) or you can p.m. me your emails.
thanks 8)
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

Offline lisajones0230

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Oh yes!! I am so excited!!! Well for me personally, the September date would be absolutely ideal, thank you so much for remembering us :0) x
Scarrott, Livermore, Lamb, Bibby, Smith, Stone Eastwood Essex Area