Author Topic: did your ancestors have connections to BOHEMIA ESTATE or EASTWOOD CHURCH @ essex  (Read 10199 times)

Offline social-butterflies

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
Re: did your ancestors have connections to BOHEMIA ESTATE or EASTWOOD CHURCH @ essex
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 31 July 13 16:56 BST (UK) »
just an update to say that the meeting this year will be sunday 8th sept 2013.
I will add a new thread soon to inform you all of the details so hope you can make it. :)
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
smith (inc epping forest)
heron
bibby

Offline tilly123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: did your ancestors have connections to BOHEMIA ESTATE or EASTWOOD CHURCH @ essex
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 30 April 14 19:41 BST (UK) »
Hi, Just read your post and wonder if you any information on Edward Flashion Lee and his wife Eliza Cumbers who had spent a lot of time at Eastwood Essex,  Eliza was born there in 1886 or there abouts . My Lee family had been living in the area for several years, also Flashions father Edward or Alfred lee cannot find any info of Edward Flashions birth which he said was about 1881, any info would be great, thanks

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
hi tilly123
its a name I recall but I don't think I have any information on, but I can tell you that this year the meeting will be held on Sunday 7th September 2014 at the same church hall in eastwood (the original link on this thread) so I am pretty sure that that if there is any information, then you could well find out at the meeting, usually there are at least 200 photos that people bring along to share so you never know...... I will try and ask about for you as well. all the best :)
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

Offline romany stone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 August 14 16:07 BST (UK) »
sarsan to all, ive just joined this site after seeing there is no STONE family on the list of gypsys from Bohemia est? nor loveridges... my great grandad wos ALBERT STONE dark albert to those that knew him,my great great great granddad wos STEPHEN STONE, Originerly tent dwellers then move onto bohemia est in the early 1800, My grandad (David stone bonno to those that
knew him told me lots of stories and after he died 3 months ago ive researched my Family name STONE, Many STONES lived at the site, JESSE, ELIJAH, MATILDA,STEPHEN... I Hear many tales of what they were like, I shall be attending the meeting in EASTWOODin september, I also have been told that Stephen Stone had children with Elizebeth Loveridge but split and all her children lost the Stone name and tock the Loveridge name, im sure theres lots of relations out there and lookforward to meeting you all, ROMANY AND PROUD..

Offline romany stone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 07 August 14 16:38 BST (UK) »
Evening all.
are there any descendants lurking from the travelling & gypsy families of the bohemia estates of eastwood essex?  ;)
or do you have family baptised, married or buried at eastwood church (st laurence & all saints) ???
there will be a get-to-gether of all the eastwood gypsy descendants next month so if any one who is connected would like to go would you please P.M.  for the details  8)
thank you.
 ;D
Just to add that the meeting is this weekend and so far there will are ancestors of Buckley, Bibby, Lamb, Livermore, Smith, Scarrott, Brooks, Allum, Webb, Spencer, Harris & Orchard families from many essex & kent areas, wisbech, norfolk, southampton, peterborough to name a few. so lots of interesting connections.
        NO STONE GYPSYS ON HERE ?

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 10 August 14 13:04 BST (UK) »
hi Romany stone,
there should be Stones there and if not there will definitely be people there who are connected to that family name. Is there any specific information you need?
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

Offline romany stone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 10 August 14 18:20 BST (UK) »
Hi social b im not looking for anything specific, my granddad told me lots of stories from times in the 1900s about his granddad, looking to find pictures from the site and any pictures of my ancesters, looking forward to the meeting next month,i believe also along time ago we had the surname Giles..

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 05 September 14 22:49 BST (UK) »
Evening all.
are there any descendants lurking from the travelling & gypsy families of the Bohemia Estates of Eastwood Essex?  ;)
Or do you have family baptised, married or buried at Eastwood church (st laurence & all saints) ???
There will be a get-to-gether of all the Eastwood gypsy descendants this month so if any one who is connected would like to go we would love to see you there   8)
thank you.
 ;D
Just to add that the meeting is this weekend Sunday 7th September 12-6pm and so far there will  ancestors of Buckley, Brooks, Allum, Bibby, Lamb, Livermore, Loveridge, Smith, Scarrott, Webb, Spencer, Harris & Orchard families from many essex & kent areas, wisbech, norfolk, southampton, peterborough to name a few. so lots of interesting connections.
Many new attendees this year with refreshments available and local pubs and restaurants are scattered around should any of you wish to continue the "rokkering" up the pub :D
really looking forward to viewing some wonderful photos, making new connections and also to have the RFTHS and the DNA experts offering their contributions and information.
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

Offline Holly Bee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 16 June 16 21:56 BST (UK) »
Please let me know if there are any future events! My great great great grandad was also Stephen Stone, would love to find out more about his branch of the family