Author Topic: Cooling family Wicklow  (Read 6578 times)

Offline ticktock

• RootsChat Extra
  • 1971 school Photo
    • View Profile
Cooling family Wicklow
« on: Sunday 22 May 05 23:01 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help with JAMES COOLING born I believe 7th May 1848 in Wicklow.
James came to England with his family and settled in Cumbria. He married Jane Kellet in September 1869. I believe his farther, also James was born C1810. He may have originated in Dublin. The information I have is rather sketchy.

Thanks in anticipation

Steve

PS Here is a photograph of James Cooling Senior.
Thompson (Lincs) Cooling (Lancs) Kellet(t) (Lancs) Stennett (Lincs) Fisher (Lincs, Norfolk, Suffolk, London) Bescoby (Lincs) Wheeler (Lincs) Morgan (Kent, Lincs) Hare (Lincs) Francis (Montgomery)

Offline Brian1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Cooling family Wicklow
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 October 05 15:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,
Have you tried the Griffith Valuation tables 1853 for Co. Wicklow.
You need to have some idea of where in the county the family lived. Please note it only lists the head of the family at the time of the recording.
/www.failteromhat.com/wicklow.htm

Hope you have some success
Brian
Arnold ( Lancs ). Gordon ( Lancs, Scotland ). Dowling. ( Ireland, England, Massachusetts, Australia, Buenos Aires ) Pugh ( Pew) ( Cheshire & Lancs). Cordial ( Ireland )

Offline ticktock

• RootsChat Extra
  • 1971 school Photo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 October 05 21:19 BST (UK) »
Many thanks!!

A couple of leads there.

I will follow up when I have some more time.

Steve.
Thompson (Lincs) Cooling (Lancs) Kellet(t) (Lancs) Stennett (Lincs) Fisher (Lincs, Norfolk, Suffolk, London) Bescoby (Lincs) Wheeler (Lincs) Morgan (Kent, Lincs) Hare (Lincs) Francis (Montgomery)

Offline gp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 December 05 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello Steve
I recently came across a James Cooling in the Census of Ireland 1901. He is registered as a nephew of a James Barry in the townland of Wilkinstown, Co. Meath. His given age is 25. James Barry comes from Johnstown Kilpeddar in Co. Wicklow where there is another Barry family farm. There could be a connection as there is a good representation of Cooling's in the local graveyard of Kilquade (Co. wicklow). This information can be found in the following publication -- Memorials of the Dead. Vol. 1. North East Wicklow, Kilquade, by  Brian J. Cantwell, 1974.which can be accessed in the National Library of Ireland.
Hope this is helpful
Peppard,Mooney,Keenan,Kavanagh,Barry,Kenny,Bruton,Cahill,Rollison.

Offline bettyrubble

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 May 16 17:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve I have Coolings in my family tree