Author Topic: Elizabeth Badderley (Baddeley)  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Mimbyjim

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Badderley (Baddeley)
« on: Wednesday 27 June 12 10:08 BST (UK) »
Ellizabeth was born about 1765/67 in Staffordshire, possibly Wombourn and died at the Barnhurst approx 1836. .    She married James Shaw-Hellier, son of the Rev thomas Shaw who became Rev Thomas Shaw Hellier when he inherited the Wodehouse at Wombourn from Sir Samuel Hellier.   I am unable to find a marriage for Elizabeth and James (perhaps they forgot to get married) and wonder if anyone can help.
Daughters Elizabeth and Parthenia were possibly born before a marriage (1791 and 1796)a nd other children were Mary, Ann, Sarah, James, Samuel and Emma Elwell, presumably after her paternal grandmother.   
James Shaw Hellier and his sister Mary were witnesses at the marriage of Edward Willington and Sarah Badderley - perhaps a relation of Elizabeth.

Philippa

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Badderley (Baddeley)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 June 12 11:26 BST (UK) »
Dear Phillippa
Have you seen the website www.morganfourman.com which seems to list the family in great detail,inclunding court cases and info on all the children?
Ciderdrinker

Offline Mimbyjim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 June 12 21:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that, yes  I am in frequent touch with John about the Morganfurman site but  wondered if any more information would be available from any of these marvellous Rootchat people!    Philipp :)a

Offline RachelK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 June 17 19:05 BST (UK) »
Hi, not sure if anyone will read this now, but might as well post here.

James Shaw Hellier signed as a witness to the will of my ancestor Elizabeth Higgs (maiden name Cornes) who died in Trysull, Staffs in 1814. I have no idea how/if they were connected.

I have also found a some possible connected names to my Pratt family on the morganfourman site. These include the Barnesleys from Trysull, and Thomas Pudsey.
Staffordshire - Kendrick, Higgs, Ralph, Mears, Egginton, Simkiss, Beebee, Hartshorn, Pitt, Howard, Law, Hilton, Humphreyson,
Worcestershire - Kendrick, Onions, Timmins, Harvey, Stephens, Hill
Shropshire - Williams, Wilcox, Moreton, Poole, Gennoe, Stedman, Astley, Morris, Roe
Carmarthenshire - Naylor
Montgomeryshire - Williams, Wilcox
Middlesex - Silver, Martin
Suffolk - Chenery
Somerset - Owen, Chorley, Rugg
Lancashire - Evans, Silver

Offline Mimbyjim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 June 17 07:18 BST (UK) »
James Shaw Hellier might simply have been a witness - I have quite a lot of information about the family but the name Higgs or Cornes does not appear anywhere so can't help!Could there have been a connection through the Bendy family?   

Offline RachelK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 09 June 17 18:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply, yes I think you're right and he was probably just a witness. I will come back to this if I find anything that might show otherwise.  ???
Staffordshire - Kendrick, Higgs, Ralph, Mears, Egginton, Simkiss, Beebee, Hartshorn, Pitt, Howard, Law, Hilton, Humphreyson,
Worcestershire - Kendrick, Onions, Timmins, Harvey, Stephens, Hill
Shropshire - Williams, Wilcox, Moreton, Poole, Gennoe, Stedman, Astley, Morris, Roe
Carmarthenshire - Naylor
Montgomeryshire - Williams, Wilcox
Middlesex - Silver, Martin
Suffolk - Chenery
Somerset - Owen, Chorley, Rugg
Lancashire - Evans, Silver