Author Topic: BRADBURN  (Read 9095 times)

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BRADBURN
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 14 December 17 17:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I'm knew to this site, so bear with me! Wondered if there is any other people on here looking into The Bradburn Family Name???

I live in Telford and are trying to trace people that know of Bradburn Family from Lilleshall Priors Lee
St Georges Shifnal Shropshire.

Thankyou

Sharon Bradburn

http://search.shropshirehistory.org.uk/collections/search/?q=Bradburn&cb_submit=Search&cb_page=2

Draft deed of covenant for the production of title deeds X972/2/3/3/4/3 15 Mar 1828

Parties: 1 George Granville Leveson Gower as Baron Gower of Stittenham; and 2 William Bradburn of Priors Lee, gentleman

Copy draft deed of exchange of premises at Pains Lane X972/2/3/3/4/2 15 Mar 1828

Parties: George Granville Leveson Gower as Baron Gower of Stittenham; and William Bradburn of Priors Lee, gentleman

http://www.familydeeds.org/SP3.php

A vellum Indenture being a Lease for a year of land containing near two acres called The Croft situate in the parish of Donington in the county of Salop now Shropshire dated 24 April 1840, The Assignees of Thomas Bishton, a Bankrupt to Mr Joseph Yates.

William Bradburn     

Gentleman of Priorslee in the parish of Shifnal in the county of Salop now                               Shropshire. Also party to an Indenture intended to be made the next day. Party to this Indenture.
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Mont. Davies,Edwards,Hughes,Lewis,Maddox,Mapp,Pritchard
Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington
Wisbech Bell,Briggs,Willcock

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 14 December 17 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Are these the same family as the   Leveson Gowers of Sutherland - of Highland Clearance fame?

Also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granville_Leveson-Gower,_1st_Earl_Granville
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 14 December 17 18:09 GMT (UK) »
http://search.shropshirehistory.org.uk/collections/search/?q=Bradbourne&cb_submit=Search

Marriage licence - Isaac Bradbourne (bachelor of Beckbury) and Lousia Matilda Hayward (spinster of Beckbury) XP25/A/6/14 28 Feb 1851

Shropshire Archives

Bradburn or Bradbourne
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 14 December 17 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Are these the same family as the   Leveson Gowers of Sutherland - of Highland Clearance fame?

Also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granville_Leveson-Gower,_1st_Earl_Granville

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilleshall

The Leveson-Gower Dukes of Sutherland became one of the richest families in the United Kingdom partly as a result of this industrial development and in the late nineteenth century built a new residence, Lilleshall Hall which lies at the heart of the estate a mile from the village. The Sutherland estate was sold off between 1915 and 1917 and the hall eventually passed into state ownership as a sporting facility. It is now the Lilleshall Hall National Sports Centre,[2] once the site of the Football Association youth academy, and now the home of British gymnastics and archery. Lilleshall Hall Golf Club is also in the grounds of Lilleshall Hall.

Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 14 December 17 18:23 GMT (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=270950.msg1550539#msg1550539

Horton/Bradburn in Donnington
« on: Thursday 29 November 07 14:16 GMT (UK) »

Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 14 December 17 18:36 GMT (UK) »
https://www.myheritage.com/names/joseph_bradburn

Joseph Bradburn, 1840 - 1913
Joseph Bradburn was born on month day 1840, at birth place, to Isaac Bradburne and Maria Bradburne (born Taylor).
Isaac was born on October 25 1795, in Lilleshall, Shropshire, England.
Maria was born on January 17 1797, in Wrockwardine Wood, Shropshire, England.
Joseph had 10 siblings: Letitia Bradburne, Mary Maria Bradburne and 8 other siblings.
Joseph married Emma Bradburn (born Horton) in 1862, at age 21 at marriage place.
Emma was born in 1839, in WOLVERHAMPTON West Midlands England.
They had 12 children: Issac Bradburn, William Bradburne and 10 other children.
Joseph passed away on month day 1913, at age 73 at death place.

and others  :)

Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 14 December 17 19:07 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure if Sharon, the OP, will see any of the latest info as she hasn't been on since Sept 2012. 

This thread was revived by Stuart earlier today. Skoosh and Stuart are interested in a different line, I think, but I'm sure Skoosh will find the link to the Leverson Gowers very interesting  :) 

Gadget

PS.  I think those of us who have connections with the Highlands know about the Leverson Gowers and their destruction of the Highland way of life
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 14 December 17 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Not a member of ancestry.com. I did a quick search on the message board.
Joseph Herbert Bradburn was born 1905, his parents were?

https://www.ancestry.com/boards/surnames.hayward/615/mb.ashx

Wood

SharonBradburnShropshire (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2007 01:27PM   
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Wood, Bradburn

My nan was Violet Wood 1906 from St georges-Trench Lillershall Shropshire area. I would like to try and find some information on who her parents were?

Violet married my grandad Joseph Herbert Bradburn 1905. Her brothers and sisters were William c1900, Nellie 1912, Emily 1909, Edward and Alice.

Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 14 December 17 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Looks like it's a different family to those discussed by Skoosh and Stuart. 

I see that the message was 2007 - so earlier than this one  :-\