Author Topic: Looking for Winchester families  (Read 4054 times)

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Winchester families
« Reply #9 on: Friday 29 June 12 15:01 BST (UK) »

Heather01, I have sent you a PM regarding the marriages for the Christopher Winchester - Jane Pollock children.

Offline Heather01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 30 June 12 07:14 BST (UK) »
A big thank you for all the help. Haven't managed to extend the height of my tree but it's width has grown and that is satisfying too.  :)
Winchester, Montgomery, Barton, Johnston, Bates, (Nth Ireland)
Reesby, Wise, Allum, (England)
Tod, Smith, Marshall, (Scotland)

Offline Gemzy1239

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Christopher Winchester and his wife Jane Pollock are the parents of Robert James Winchester, born in 1872. He married Elizabeth Jane Patton and gave birth to my great grandfather William Winchester in 1909, who married an Esobelle Kennedy, I believe. They then gave birth to my grandfather (*) born in 1943, who married (*). She gave birth to my father, (*)Winchester born in 1964, who married my mother (*), who had me, (*) born in 2000 and my sister, (*) in 2004. We live in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, and are directly related to Christopher through his son Robert, who was born in county Down, Northern Ireland. Hope that helps your search, I know it's been a while since you asked this, but I thought I'd reply in case you came across it again.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline allister1964

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 10 February 18 21:49 GMT (UK) »
This might not be of much interest to you, though a distant relative of mine, ie: Margaret Bigger (born 1864) married a James Winchester on  the  23/5/1896  in  the  Belfast  District. I don't think they had any children, and unfortunately I know nothing about James's background. Good luck with your research.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 11 February 18 00:41 GMT (UK) »
This might not be of much interest to you, though a distant relative of mine, ie: Margaret Bigger (born 1864) married a James Winchester on  the  23/5/1896  in  the  Belfast  District. I don't think they had any children, and unfortunately I know nothing about James's background. Good luck with your research.

James father was Christopher and he was deceased at the time of the marriage.
A Robert Winchester was witness.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1896/10487/5819141.pdf