Author Topic: James Smart Lavery, Lurgan  (Read 1969 times)

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Smart Lavery, Lurgan
« on: Saturday 30 June 12 16:12 BST (UK) »
I have a James Smart Lavery in my tree.  He was born in Lurgan in 1902 and appears on the 1911 census living with his mother Ellen Lavery in Blacks Court.  I believe he married in Lurgan and lived in Avenue Road, Lurgan (don't know the years).
Can anyone tell me who he married?
RosemaryJoan
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)
McCormick (Killyleagh and finally Belfast)

Offline steve891

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: James Smart Lavery, Lurgan
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 June 16 15:00 BST (UK) »
Dear Roemary Joan James Smart Lavery was my grandfather. hat would you like to know?

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 June 16 16:13 BST (UK) »
Hello Steve,  Ellen Lavery, nee McConnell was a cousin of my grandmother Elizabeth Anne McConnell.  I have researched the McConnells on and off for years and wondered what had become of James .  First of all, can you tell me who he married and the names of his children.  If you prefer, we can go onto to private message now, and then I can give you the whole family history.  Nice to hear from you.
RosemaryJoan
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)

Offline steve891

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 June 16 19:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Rosemary Joan.  I didn't expect a response at all never mind with lightning speed.  My grandfather married Lyla Stewart who was one of 13 Stewarts who lived in James Street,  Lurgan.  My grandfather and grandmother lived almost opposite.  They originally lived in sloan street which was called John Street on the census.  I noticed from the census that my great great grandmother's name was Rose.  She must have lived through the famine her in Ireland. Do you have more information on this?

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 June 16 21:09 BST (UK) »
Steve, rose McConnell was my g.g. Grandmother too, so we are related". In fact my mother's Christian names were Lily Rose McConnell,which shows you how close the family ties were. I will send you a p.m.
RosemaryJoan