Author Topic: Thomas Harvey  (Read 5756 times)

Offline Lizel Harvey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Harvey
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 13:52 BST (UK) »
Harvey Family - Hi all, I haven't posted in a while but just had to share this, I found this while desperately searching- Sadly The email address no longer exists but wondered if anyone else perhaps can help put the puzzle pieces together - from info I have found George Clement Thomas Harvey is on of the son's of George Morgan Harvey (My great grandfather) - This is the post - From: "Lynette Litfin" > Subject: Re: SOUTH-AFRICA-D Digest V01 #279 Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 12:12:23 -0700 Greetings I am looking for assistance on the following:- THOMAS HARVEY b.1830 Essex (probably Romford) d.1890 buried Sprinfontien cemetery. Emigrated with brother GEORGE HENRY HARVEY to South Africa abt ? settle in ? but moved north to 'Jackalsfontein' (Farm) near Springfontein, now named 'montpellier'. George Henry had 4 sons, 3 farmers, 1 bank manager. His mothers name was Nora, one son, Thomas was killed in the Boar war, with distinction. Family intermarried with WILMOTS and PRIORS. Harveys owned 60,000 acres. The farm was bought by DEWITT & later by De KLERK. They helped yo build the church at Philipolis. Twelve HARVEYS and PRIORS are buried in Springfontein cemetery.. George's son George Morgan born about 1878, subsequently moved to Kenya abt 1906 and developed a farm on lake Naiuasha he had three sons and three daughters.The oldest, VIOLET born 1893 at Jackals fontein was my mother. George Morgan's sons were HERBERT, THOMAS, and HUGH. He was married to Elizabeth VAN DEN HEVER, my maternal Grandmother Any assistance about the above families would be much appreciated and assistance provided where possible.

Kind Regards

Geoff Howarth

Moderator comment: email address removed

I think there are a few mistakes in the persons post but havent corrected all of them --So my plot thickens - this is SO exciting Thank you in advance xx

Offline FFX

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Harvey
« Reply #19 on: Monday 18 May 20 19:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim,

I can help with your question about Thomas, he did move to Nova Scotia and settled in Grand Pré. He was my great-great grandfather and his descendants are still living in the village of Grand Pré today, over 200 years later :)

Fred