Author Topic: BLUNT James Matthew b Indiana d Newtown NSW Australia  (Read 9106 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BLUNT James Matthew b Indiana d Newtown NSW Australia
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 July 12 10:54 BST (UK) »
I was repeating what some of the trees said  ;D

Some of the trees have him arriving Albany, NSW in 1914

The OP is looking for a birth date in Indiana to put on the son's headstone  - I have it as April 1879 from the 1900 census.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 July 12 10:58 BST (UK) »

These are the only online birth records for Indiana at the moment - 1773 - 1933 (of course not every birth will be covered)

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/show#uri=http://familysearch.org/searchapi/search/collection/1674814

Birth records in the ISDH Vital Records office begin with October 1907. Prior to October 1907, records of birth are filed only with the local health department in the county where the birth actually occurred.

Information given on census is only as good as the informants information and should not be taken as "gospel"
very often they can be wrong !!

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 05 July 12 11:00 BST (UK) »
I did a quick check on Indiana birth records on Ancestry but they only start 1880 - and no James so the 1879 date looks  the most likely so far - it ties in with the census ages.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 05 July 12 11:03 BST (UK) »
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/15894128  SMH 25 June 1920 In Memoriam
In loving memory of our dear father and mother, James and Dora Blunt, who departed this life June 13, 1919.
Gone, but not forgotten.  Peace, perfect peace.
Inserted by their loving children, Marie, Jack, Eddie and Edie Collins, and their little baby, Leslie Blunt; also Charles and Elizabeth Willcox.

I am thinking that Rookwood would permit markers on the unmarked double grave.  

Cheers,  JM.  
(Yes, and I presumed you were only repeating the submitted info re Albany  ;D )

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 05 July 12 11:06 BST (UK) »
majm

There's something wrong somewhere  - no Dora and only one son, Les, in the first post:

James Matthew Blunt married Madolin Webber/Collins in 1917 in Newtown, NSW Sydney. They had one child, a son Leslie James Matthew Blunt in 6 April 1918 in Sydney and then both parents died in June 1919 of the Spanish Flu.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 05 July 12 11:10 BST (UK) »
I think Dora was previously married.   :)  So nothing wrong.  :)

NSW dcs can be quite informative, however, the online index seems to indicate that the informant did not know James parents given names. 
James dc is ref #10345,  Dora’s is #7804.
There is a cheaper and quicker alternative to the ‘real deal’ certificates.  NSW BDM has official transcription agents.  Here is the link for these from NSW BDM website.  I know that each of these three organisations are diligent, and each offers excellent service.
 http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/howToTraceYouFamTree.htm#TranscriptionAgent
As it seems that James may have arrived after the six British Colonies were federated into one British Colony in 1901, it is likely his arrival documentation would show he was an adult.  It is unlikely that he needed to nominate his parents on any arrival documentation.  I have not found him on my offline NSW 1913 Electoral Rolls, however you needed to be not just aged over 21, but also a British Subject (either by birth or naturalisation).   

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 05 July 12 11:13 BST (UK) »
The OP has Les's mother as Madolin Webber/Collins not Dora.   Can you check up on a possible marriage for James Matthew Blunt to  Madolin Webber/Collins or does Madolin = Dora   ::)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 05 July 12 11:15 BST (UK) »
Madolin was Madolin Dora Collins (nee Webber) when she married James Blunt. 

John Gerard Collins - Birth 22 November 1859 in Ryde, New South Wales, Australia
and died  25 April 1913 in Ryde, New South Wales

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 05 July 12 11:16 BST (UK) »
Good find, Sandra  :)

I assume that she was Webber before she married John Collins. - just seen your addition of the Webber  :D