Author Topic: William Whitney of Cortland, New York  (Read 1954 times)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Whitney of Cortland, New York
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 July 12 16:31 BST (UK) »
I also found Nellie's obituary, so I will send that along to you as well.  I should be able to do it later today or over the weekend.

Offline diana2646

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 July 12 16:41 BST (UK) »
That's fantastic - thank you very much!!!!!!!
Whitney:South Wales/West Knoyle,Wiltshire/Melbury Abbas,Dorset. 
Feltham: West Knoyle,Wiltshire/Melbury Abbas,Dorset.
Whitney: Surrey, Kent.

Offline diana2646

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 July 12 08:38 BST (UK) »
Hi, Just a quick update for everyone who has helped me.  I have received the Birth Cert for William Whitney, and he was William Ewart Cadwallader Whitney. 
Shelly has sent me the Obit for Williams wife Nellie and also his daughter Gladys.  I have also received the obit for William, which was found for me by Onondaga Library in Syracuse.  They ordered the microfilm for Cortland, which they didn't have, so that was very kind of them.
Williams obit doesn't mention anything about him falling off a Church roof, it just says that he died at home after a two-week illness age 66.  I did say though, that William and his wife were members of the First United Methodist Church of Cortland, so I have emailed the present Pastor, to ask him if he knows of William and his family, or if any of his parishioners may remember the family. I am also going to try and make contact with Williams son (*).  He is around 92, so I am hoping that he is well enough to respond to me! He would be a mine of information regarding his father and possibly his work.
Thanks very much everyone,
Regards Diana

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Whitney:South Wales/West Knoyle,Wiltshire/Melbury Abbas,Dorset. 
Feltham: West Knoyle,Wiltshire/Melbury Abbas,Dorset.
Whitney: Surrey, Kent.