Author Topic: Emilie Elizabeth Christian ( nee Harrison)  (Read 4808 times)

Offline 22SIMON90

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Emilie Elizabeth Christian ( nee Harrison)
« on: Friday 06 July 12 14:17 BST (UK) »
I am trying to track down what happened to my gt grandmother's sister Emilie Elizabeth Harrison. Born 1876 Birkby Huddfd, Yorkshire, England she married
Arthur Fell Christian b. 1878 in Castletown, Isle of Man. In the 1922 census they are listed as living at Compton House, Castletown, Isle of Man. her husband is a Draper.
 Emilie is 35 he is 32.
Arthur's parents were Charles Christian b.1844 and Sarah Caroline Isabe Fell. b.1844.

We know Arthur died in 1924 and I can't seem  to find any children for them but I also can't find Emilie after the 1911 census under her married or maiden name.....
I wondered if I could locate a grave for him if it would have details of if she was still alive on it, or even still his wife...... Can anyone suggest how else I may find Emilie after 1911? I've searched through Ancestry and come up empty handed sadly. :-\

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Emilie Elizabeth Christian ( nee Harrison)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 July 12 15:09 BST (UK) »
brief mention + photo of Compton house at http:www.manxnotebook.com/towns/castltwn/whc/ch04.htm
you can buy the book of MI's for Malew from IoM Fam Hist Soc - in burial both Charles Lace Christian + son Arthur Fell Christian have address Compton house - no others have this address - maybe she died off Island - the only on-Island burial that might match is Emily Christian bur Lezayre age 43 of Ramsey on 8 Nov 1922 but Christian is a very common manx name
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline The Mc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 July 12 15:55 BST (UK) »
FreeBMD has this possible entry.......

EMILY E Christian death in June Qtr of 1939 in the Southport Registration District (vol. 8b page 880).

Emily was aged 64 which makes her birth year as 1875 which is only 1 year out from your record of 1876.

Her name is also spelt as EMILY not Emillie on her marriage at Huddersfield on FreeBMD.....

Offline 22SIMON90

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 July 12 17:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that, I did wonder if this was her. She spells it Emily on the marriage cert and Emilie on other documents we have, but ladies did like to shorten and play about with their names back then, most annoying for us now! So far I can't find any children. I know her husband died long before her, perhaps as they married into their 30s they had none.  I wonder who she left any money to? My gran knew nothing of these aunties which is a shame.

Offline pmulholl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 October 15 17:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Arthur Fell Christian was my grandfather. He had 3 children Sylvia, twins Geoffrey and my father Gordon.

His wife, Emily died in Southport and is buried in Churchtown cemetery

Will give dates and info about their families if you are interested

Pauline Mulholland

Offline pmulholl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Only just picked up your post about Emilie Christian  She was my grandmother and she died in Southport.

They had 3 children, Sylvia and twins Geoffrey Fell  and my Father Gordon Harrison

It would be interesting to hear more

Pauline Mulholland