Author Topic: Deane/Kinsella  (Read 5675 times)

Offline CJF

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Deane/Kinsella
« on: Sunday 08 July 12 17:46 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am trying to find out information about a woman called Mary Jane Deane. Not sure of her date of birth possibly 1903/1904. Her mother, Elizabeth, was unmarried when Mary Jane was born. (I was told that Mary Jane's mother later married  a man with surname Toban). Elizabeth could have worked at Longraigue House. Mary Jane married James Kinsella in 1926 in Taghmon, Co. Wexford. I have found some information on James' family who lived in Tincurra, Aughwilliam Co. Wexford (according to 1911 Census). James' mother was Lizzie Cardiff & father Patrick Kinsella. Lizzie had a son John Cardiff. Patrick Kinsella & Lizzie were married in Wexford Workhouse in 1902

According to  marriage certificate, it gives Mary Jane's address as Coolcull, Taghmon but this could have been place of employment at the time. Mary Jane's mother, Elizabeth Toban, died in February 1957. Mary Jane died November 1973

Records have been checked at Taghmon and Clongeen parishes but no record of birth for Mary Jane Deane. It is quite possible she only went by this name?? Although her marriage certificate gives her surname as Deane.

CJF

Offline CAZ59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Deane/Kinsella
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 October 13 01:54 GMT (UK) »
hi Mary Jane was my grandmother and my great grandmother went by the name of Lizzie Tobin she lived originally in a small cottage in Foulkesmill just by the river but that is no longer there. Lizzie did indeed work at Longraigue house and Deanes were the owners at that time. Lizzie had a child a girl Mary Jane by the squire of the house and she continued to work there after the child was born.My understanding is that his wife was well aware of the child and accepted the situation as they were quite older and childless and Mary Jane was given her fathers name. The Deanes were very well to do protestants farmers/landowners  at that time.
Mary Jane was actually raised in Foulksmill and that is were she was living at the time of her marriage to my grandfather. They then moved to Traceystown just outside Taghmon and that is where she lived until her death in 1973. I understand her birth is registered in New Ross I hope this is of some help to you

Offline CAZ59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 21:27 GMT (UK) »
hi  sorry about delayed reply. I was just reading the info I sent you and noticed I have put some incorrect info in,lizzie toban did have my grandmother with Joseph William Deane but I think I said she was an only child, this is incorrect , Joseph had 2 other daughter's and a son with his wife as well. so mary jane had 2 half sisters and a half brother.
My great grandmother lizzie tobin as far as I can remember been told was born in 1876 and was never married. I understand that both her and my granny's births are registered in new ross.
Have you checked on a site called Cyndi,s list that has a number of free records to search,although I think if you wanted copies of their birth certs you would need to request copies and this way you would get further info.
sorry but I have no info at the moment on john Cardiff all I knew was that he was my granddads half brother although I do know someone who I believe knew all the brothers, I will enquire with him when I see him next if he can give me any info on john and if so forward it onto you.I do indeed now live in Ireland and in fact live I live in my granny's, mary janes homeplace where my mother and aunts and uncle were reared,if I can help further just let me know, could I ask why you are researching my granny are you related to her as I thought I knew of all the relations on grannys side

Offline CJF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 31 October 13 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi CAZ59,
Many thanks for replying. I have been searching for information for a long time on Mary Jane Deane. I was in contact with parish priests both in Taghmon and Clongeen but they couldn't find any baptismal record for her. I have the marriage record of Mary Jane and James Kinsella from 1926 and it gives Mary Jane's address at time of marriage as Coolcull. I also have James' father and mother's marriage certificate and the death certificate for Lizzie Tobin (which states that she was a widow and her husband had been a labourer).
I am doing my own family tree and that of my partner. I have been working on it for over three years now but have always had a keen interest in history anyway. I only had snatches of information on Kinsella/Deane families but I had been told a wee bit by own grandmother when she was alive.
I am researching the Deane side for my own children who are great-grandchildren of Mary Jane and James.
CJF

Offline sue66mc

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 27 March 15 15:52 GMT (UK) »
I've just come across ed this and that's my nan and grandad. I'm the daughter of William kinsella and muriel kinsella. Mary jane and James had 7 children I think susan Bella bridie Eileen Nora Mary jane and my dad William. I would love to hear back from you both

Offline Bridget Kinsella

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 27 March 15 16:16 GMT (UK) »
hi
 i am the grand daughter of Mary Jane and James kinsella my sister was looking for information on the family and came across this. Could you please get in touch i would love to hear from you