Author Topic: Elizabeth Emily Mason ... Dubbo  (Read 12315 times)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Emily Mason ... Dubbo
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 01 January 14 21:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cando,Thanks for all the Ferris  information, and it will be a lot to add to what I do have and also check with what I have.
Will check out the Portland site and see how I go. Pity I did not find all this out a while ago as I had a relative who lived in Portland but has now passed .
Many thanks once again for all your help.
Cheers and Happy New Year,
Annette  :)
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline SINKERS

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 08:20 BST (UK) »
Hi,

My name is Leigh-Anne from Sydney and we are looking  my family history and we have started with  my great grandmother Elizabeth Emily Mason and came across your post.
After reading this I saw  my grandmother in the long name list which  is Eileen.
We have found alot of information we didn't have but I am looking for James and Hannah cope's mother and father who are Elizabeth's grandparents...James from Westminister England and Hanna(murphy)   from corke I believe hard to read Ireland.

Do you have this information???  And are you related to the Ferris/ mason/cope line  in some way??

Thanks
Leigh-anne

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 16 August 18 06:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Leigh-anne,
Thanks for your message. I do not have the information regarding James and Hannah parents. I had a lot of trouble with getting information and I stopped looking for a time. I had other family members that I have been trying to find so I started on them . I am related to them all by way of the Mason line.
I do not know what information you have and if you have any photos !
Charles Mason was a very hard person to find and I found him by chance which was lucky for me.
Cheers  Annette.
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 18 August 18 07:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Leigh-anne,
I have been looking through all my certificates and other information and I have found some things that I never realised was written on some of them, so I will have some checking to do. Do you have any certificates at all Birth, Death, Marriages ?
Will let you know what I find .
regards Annette ellen.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 18 August 18 10:49 BST (UK) »

BDM VIC

birth
1866 / 2865 COPE  Mary Jane   parents James / Hanah (Murphy)     @ Mortlake

marriage
1885 / 1192 COPE Mary   mar. MASON   Charles 

Can you please list all the information on the COPE - MASON marriage certificate, 1885, that you have.

Can you please list all the information on the birth certificate, 1866. It will have details about the parents.

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 19 August 18 03:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Wivenhoe,
 I have written all that is on the birth certificate.
2nd Feb 1865 Mortlake, Mary Jane, female, Father James Cope Butcher,47, Marr Westminister , London, England.
When and where married and issue living , July 1862 Grange , Hamilton, James 2yrs.
Mother, Hannah Cope , Hannah Murphy, 26, Cork Ireland.
Informant, Hannah x Cope ,x her mark. Mother , Birch Street, Spring Hill.
Witness Mr Turner , Thirteenth  January 1866, Kingston.

Marriage Certificate
When and where married, Primitive Methodist Masonage, Morley Street , Sale February 10th 1885.
name and surname of parties, Charles Mason  Bachelor , Mary Cope. Spinster.
Birthplace   Whroo , Victoria .    Mount Shadwell Victoria,
Rank or profession Labourer other - Age 20 .  20
 Charles  Present Residence and usual  both McMillan Street Sale   and present Residence and usual  Mary both Morley Street Sale.
Parents  Charles Mason, Catherine Mason, M n Jackson, Fathers rank or Profession
miner
Parents James Cope, Hannah Cope ,M n Murphy.

William Henry Walton, being Primitive Methodist minister , do hereby verify that I have this day at the Primitive Methodist Parsonage, Morley St, Sale ,Duly Celebrated the Marriage between Charles mason of McMillan St, Sale, and Mary Cope of Morley St Sale, after notice of Declaration, Duly made and Published as by law required ( with written consent of Charles Mason Father of the Bridegroom, and of Hannah Thomson, Mother of the Bride , The father Deceased.
Dated this 10th February 1885
I hope that you can understand it all.
 regards Annette ellen

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 19 August 18 05:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you listing the information on the certificates.

Using Public Records of Victoria (PROV) site - finds two files  -

#2992 COPE Mary born 2 July 1865, Melbourne, Protestant, neither read or write.
Committing Bench      Bairnsdale 3 June 1868, admitted 6 June 1868 for seven years.
neglected, both parents alive.
Father James COPE, butcher. Mother living with another man named Francis MAYNARD.
Discharged to father 2 August 1870

#2993 COPE James born 2* Dec 1864, Melbourne, Protestant, neither read or write.
Committing Bench      Bairnsdale 3 June 1868, admitted 6 June 1868 for seven years.
neglected, both parents alive.
Father James COPE, butcher. Mother living with another man named Francis MAYNARD.
Discharged to father 2 August 1870

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 19 August 18 07:47 BST (UK) »
Hello again wovenhoe,
Does what you have found out about this family mean that the 2 children were admitted for being neglected for seven years?
Then discharged to father after 2 years!! I am reading it that way. but I could be wrong.
Sad case if it is so!
I will now have to find out when James Cope died as it has on the marriage certificate of mary and Chaeles that her father was deceased and by that he must have been alive in 1870!
A mystery to try and solve if at all possible.
thank you so much for what you have given me it is much appreciated,
Regards annette ellen.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 20 August 18 03:48 BST (UK) »
Do you have info from earlier?

This MAY be the baptism for James COPE - the date and place match fairly well and his father is a butcher which was his trade also, so perhaps....................

Baptised - November 25 1821, parish records for Saint Anne, Westminster
James COPE, born 10 September, 1819, Parents: James and Esther COPE, butcher, Abode: St James's
A sibling for this boy baptised the same day, same parent info: Joseph COPE, b 22 Sep, 1821

Does it read that the marriage of James and Hannah took place in Hamilton Vic?

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk