Author Topic: David G Evans  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Hefin_Jones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
David G Evans
« on: Monday 09 July 12 15:08 BST (UK) »
Can any one confirm that the David G Evans born about 1900 who married Lucy Hannah Williams in abt 1920 was the son of Samuel Evans of Porthmadog, as I am of that opinion, and that the said David G Evans was not of Meirionethshire as I was told. He and Lucy I believe lived at Llanfair near Harlech.
Thank you
Hefin

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: David G Evans
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 July 12 16:55 BST (UK) »
In 1901, in Ynyscynhaiarn, there is a David G Evans, son of Samuel, a publican, who was born c1897 in Porthmadog.

Samuel was born in Beddgelert c1858
Mother, Ann, in Llanharan ( Llanaelhaearn?) c1862
Children - All Porthmadog - Annie, Catherine, Samuel and William.

We can't publish details of the 1911 census but Samuel has a different wife and additional children.

Regards,
David

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 July 12 22:55 BST (UK) »
Hi
Just seen this topic, how did I miss it!
David G Evans was my uncle, one of my mother's brothers. He was the son of Samuel Evans, born Beddgelert. Samuel's wife was born Trefor, parish of Llanaelhaearn. Samuel died 1928 and his only wife died 1940. They had 14 children, only 6 of whom survived to adulthood. Family moved from Porthmadog to Morfa Bychan (where my mother was born) when my grandfather got into financial difficulty as landlord of the Red Lion, and then on to Borthygest. 1911 Census the family are living in Borthygest. My grandmother is not in the family home night of the Census, she's recorded in another house in the village, occupation 'monthly nurse'.
What's you're interest in David G Evans ? Post a reply then you will be contactable by Personal Message.
See topic, 'William Humphrey Williams born 1865 Harlech, Llandanwg'.
Emyr

Offline Hefin_Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 July 12 03:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Emyr:
What is my Interest? Where do I begin? To get the easy aspect out of the way. The William Humphrey Williams ypu mentioned was the brother of my great grandmother Margaret Owen nee Williams of Tyn Llidiart, Llanfair.
Now to David G Williams. He was the father of William Humphrey Evans of Llanfair who was the husband of Bette, as she was known to me. She was a great help to me in putting the Tyn llidiart family together for reason I cannot disclose here.
So I decided to get to know something of her family after she died. She had mentioned that Will's father was also of Meirionethshire which I could not verify and concluded that he must be the one born at Porthmadog, Hence my post to seek help as I was reluctant to contradict Bette's input. Thank you for the verification. I have much knowledge regarding some aspects of the family of Robert and Janet Williams of Harlech that I can share with you if you are interested.
Hwyl
hefin

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 July 12 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hi
My interest is in David G Evans' side rather than Lucy Hannah's. If you post a brief reply to the other topic I refer to which has been posted by a member of Lucy Hannah's family, then you will be able to discuss personal matters not allowed on the Public Board, by Private Message.
Emyr