Author Topic: Redfern/Painter ??  (Read 10316 times)

Offline The-Game

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Redfern/Painter ??
« on: Tuesday 10 July 12 05:40 BST (UK) »
This is more so for my grandmother who asked me If "I could please try to trace her mother's side, as we're somehow related to Dr William Redfern 1774-1883, and also Lachlan Macquarie who was dubbed "The Father Of Australia. I know my Great grandmother was Claire (pronounced clara) quelch (born Redfern) died sometime in the 90's. Her mother was also Clara Redfern (born Painter we think). We're a little confused as we know there is Clara Redfern who married a Thomas Redfern sometime We assume back in the 1800's. unclear, but they date back to Dr William Redfern somehow and also Lachlan Macquarie, I'm confused as hell haha. But any help would be most appreciated by my Grandmother. Thank You  :D :D
Turner, Woodford, Pullen, weekes/weeks, Redfern.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Redfern/Painter ??
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 05:55 BST (UK) »
NSWBDM:

1749/1937 Frank QUELCH to Clara Paynter REDFERN registered COWRA, NSW

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 06:32 BST (UK) »
I can see Clara Paynter and Frank Quelch on the electoral roll living at Stewart st Cowra Clara home duties and Frank is a linesman .
Peter Burke father Dominick Burke wife Bridget Bagley son James Burke wife Lucy Dyke County Mayo Coventry England Australia . Grant ,Snell,Diggins , Burton, James Frederick Elmore /Elmer , Alfred James Bailey , Julia Elmore , Pierson

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 06:40 BST (UK) »
May I suggest that you have a look on Ance..try,

Looks like a daug of Herbert Redfern and Mary Agnes Proud married Frank Quench
Herbert's father Thomas Henry Redfern married Clara Painter in Melbourne 1867.

From the Ances..try tree looks like somebody has done a lot of research

Cass

PS I agree with Cando, and never take anothers research as gospel,  & always confirm info from other sources. eg BDM index, however sometimes you can get leads that help in the search

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 06:53 BST (UK) »
Do you have access to Ancestry to look at the tree or do you need help from us.  If you have access make sure the tree is well referenced ie the sources are cited....and even then you still need to check them yourself and I understand ancestry give 'hints' that aren't always correct but people post the 'hints' to their tree.

From my resource

REDFERN Thomas Henry  born Manchester
PAINTER Clara  born London
1867  Reg#122

Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 07:03 BST (UK) »
Umm could there be two Thomas and Clara Redfern's :o

The NSW BDM has Thomas Riddiough Redfern and a Clara with 5 children from 1876?

Alfred 76, Catherine 78, Thomas 81, Lena 83, Harry 86. There is another to a Thomas K and Clara a Walter in 1890.

Could be just possible transcription error but a very unusual middle name. :P

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 07:04 BST (UK) »
If you have access make sure the tree is well referenced ie the sources are cited....and even then you still need to check them yourself and I understand ancestry give 'hints' that aren't always correct but people post the 'hints' to their tree.

Cando

...and many of them have confused the families of the two couples - Thomas REDFERN and Clara HIGGINS (married 1874 in Sydney),  and Thomas REDFERN and Clara PAINTER ( married 1867 in Victoria).

Debra  :)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 07:09 BST (UK) »
As Clara married in 1937, there is a chance she was born up to 1918. A look up may prove useful.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 07:12 BST (UK) »
I can see Clara Paynter Redfern parents Mary Agnes Pound born 1883  and Herbert Redfern .
Peter Burke father Dominick Burke wife Bridget Bagley son James Burke wife Lucy Dyke County Mayo Coventry England Australia . Grant ,Snell,Diggins , Burton, James Frederick Elmore /Elmer , Alfred James Bailey , Julia Elmore , Pierson