Author Topic: researching McPake.  (Read 6446 times)

Offline TetleyT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: researching McPake.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 May 17 04:58 BST (UK) »
   :)I have some information to the McPake family for you.
My Great Grandfather (Charles Hunter Beattie) was married to a Mary McPake around 1859 in Selkirk, Scotland. Her father was Michael McPake b1811 Ireland. He was married to a Elizabeth Miller b1813 East Lothian, Dunbar, Scotland. His father Lawrence McPake b1780 in Scotland. I may have more on this as I search my tree. He married a Mary Conway b 1797 Scotland. They also had a daughter call Rose McPake b1823 in Ireland. She married a James Gallagher b1825 also in Ireland.
There is also a census statement as follows: The 5th Ward In The City Of Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA1860
They had a son John b1856 :)

I am researching this line.  The only reference I have found online to Mary Conway and Lawrence McPake was in your post.  Based on the other details, I am certain this is the same line I am searching.  Have you been able to go back beyond this couple at all?  I cannot seem to find any listing of them anywhere until there appear in the 1851 Scotland Census.  I am also searching for Elizabeth Miller's parents, but have had no luck so far.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.