Author Topic: researching McPake.  (Read 11188 times)

Offline TetleyT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: researching McPake.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 May 17 04:58 BST (UK) »
   :)I have some information to the McPake family for you.
My Great Grandfather (Charles Hunter Beattie) was married to a Mary McPake around 1859 in Selkirk, Scotland. Her father was Michael McPake b1811 Ireland. He was married to a Elizabeth Miller b1813 East Lothian, Dunbar, Scotland. His father Lawrence McPake b1780 in Scotland. I may have more on this as I search my tree. He married a Mary Conway b 1797 Scotland. They also had a daughter call Rose McPake b1823 in Ireland. She married a James Gallagher b1825 also in Ireland.
There is also a census statement as follows: The 5th Ward In The City Of Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA1860
They had a son John b1856 :)

I am researching this line.  The only reference I have found online to Mary Conway and Lawrence McPake was in your post.  Based on the other details, I am certain this is the same line I am searching.  Have you been able to go back beyond this couple at all?  I cannot seem to find any listing of them anywhere until there appear in the 1851 Scotland Census.  I am also searching for Elizabeth Miller's parents, but have had no luck so far.