Author Topic: Woburn Baptism Lookup - Ellis  (Read 3210 times)

Offline jackhonour

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Woburn Baptism Lookup - Ellis
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 10:48 BST (UK) »
Doran,

I know Vicki and she will check back, just she is very busy at the moment. She always looks at the information you find and will respond when she has a free moment.

Jack  >:(

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 13:23 BST (UK) »
Nothing for Vicki to check back for, other than a wild goose chase in north Beds, as we haven't been able to answer her original query. Not that I'm hopeful that the PR will give the information she's looking for. I haven't got Woburn transcript unfortunately.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline DORAN54

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 14:02 BST (UK) »
 :) :)sorry i seem to have made you feel grumpy nanagrampy >:( didn't mean to regards ann :)

Offline jackhonour

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 14:06 BST (UK) »
OK - just thought I'd stick up for Vicki - some people don't always have internet access and may have to go to the internet cafe to access Rootschat.

Offline DORAN54

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 14:19 BST (UK) »
of course   ;)  i wasn't really aiming at Vicki directly i was feeling a bit peeved as some never seem to check back  anyway i wont say another word ;)regards

Offline Vic H

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 July 12 02:48 BST (UK) »
Hi all, and i do reply and a big HI & thankyou Jack. Sorry doran54. Ann,  I am flat strap at the moment it is the end of the financial year, audits & tax returns are everyones demand!! also I live in "the outback / bush" in Australia & rely on Satellite broadband. Contrary to our pathetic Government saying that every Australian will have access to national broadband which is an absolute load of @#*!.  Now off me horse & to the matter.
Had a feeling that my marriage info was wrong all along hence the question. I was hoping that someone might have access to the actual bapt. entries as they do not show up on my paid subsciption ancestry.com.site. I ruled out Ann Coxen & the Puddington marriage & baptisms as the Ellis family of my line were from Woburn originally.
My problem I have is,  the James Ellis (5th gr grandfather) ]b. 1760 Woburn is correct, his father William Ellis from ,  ??? St Mary, Whitechapel, London, England b.1730.  I am trying to substantiate this fact as we traced way back in the line from the Ellis's from St Mary, Whitechapel, London, England. I don't completely rely on the ancestry hits that you get from other trees, but they do give you an avenue, a clue to research & substantiate the facts.

Burials in Woburn
26 Dec 1784 Ann Ellis
24 Mar 1790 William Ellis

Needs reference to the parish register for any extra detail, but it looks pretty clear that these are two separate couples.
many thanks Bedfordshire boy. Was wondering if this were possible to look at the above entry & what information it would give. Are there any marriage entries for Woburn around that time? I really appreciate all your help & will endevour to reply faster.
cheers from a cold & windy oz, Vicki
Cannon, King, Cole, Sansom, Heaton, McDonald, McKinnon, Mcqueen, Tape, Gash

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 July 12 08:39 BST (UK) »
Hi

"James Ellis (5th gr grandfather) ]b. 1860 Woburn is correct, his father William Ellis from ,  Huh St Mary, Whitechapel, London, England b.1730. "  ?

Now I'm confused.

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline jackhonour

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 26 July 12 11:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Ray,

The family are also on my tree (though I am interested in this thread as I think my research is incorrect too), James was born in 1760, not 1860. Hopefully that helps a bit.

Vicki - burial records would give the age at death, by whom the ceremony was performed and place of abode at the time. I attach 2 examples from Warwickshire, one in 1860s which followed the standard form and one in 1607 in Latin I think. Hopefully at these dates we would still see the standard form with the various fields.

Jack

Offline jackhonour

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 26 July 12 11:15 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I can't seem to attach images this time. Will email them to you.