Author Topic: Link: Cumbria Archive Service online catalogue  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Link: Cumbria Archive Service online catalogue
« on: Thursday 12 July 12 19:11 BST (UK) »
As posted elsewhere by someone else. :)

Posted as received from the Cumbria Archive Service ...

I have been asked to contact you to let you know that Cumbria Archive Service updates their online catalogue (CASCAT) at the beginning of each month.  We also post details of new collections received and additions to CASCAT from the A2A website. Each month there are images and details of new items at two of the offices so that each office is showcased 6 times a year. The link to this is on the home page. For details of the A2A additions go to the CASCAT section and click on About the Catalogue option on the left hand side of the page or follow this link. http://www.archiveweb.cumbria.gov.uk/CalmView/Aboutcatalogue.aspx There are several guides to types of records available in the offices. These are guides to official records, public records, ecclesiastical records and non-official records. Each month each office features an Archive of the Month. The item is on display for the first week of the month and can be view by members of the public. Details are usually published in the local newspapers.
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.