Author Topic: Marriage look up at Beverley Treasure House - COMPLETED WITH THANKS TO IBBO2000  (Read 3068 times)

Offline abcbranch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anyone able to help me with a marriage look up at Beverley Treasure please?

Isaac Bond 
Skirlaugh 9d 505 Dec 1861 marriages

I need to know wife's (Sarah)  maiden name  and names of parents or witnesses  - would addresses also be mentioned  -  I think possibly Withernwick

Thanks
Broughton - Hull, E Yorks and Lincolnshire
Carr - Hull, E Yorks

Offline Ibbo2000

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage look up at Beverley Treasure House
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 July 12 07:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Should be able to take a look for you sometime next week, that is if no-one is visiting before then.

Kev.
Ibbertson
Knight
Burton Turner
Greensides
Ketley

Offline abcbranch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 July 12 07:28 BST (UK) »
... much appreciated Kev, thank you.
Carr - Hull, E Yorks

Offline Ibbo2000

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 July 12 11:27 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Popped into the Treasure House today and had a look at the parish records.

Isaac Bond married Sarah Fenby at Withernwick parish church on 12/10/1861.

Isaac Bond age 30, Batchelor, a labourer, living Withernwick, father Isaac Bond a labourer.
Sarah Fenby age 23, spinster, a servant, living Great Hatfield in the parish of Sigglesthorne, father George Fenby a shoemaker.

Isaac made his mark, Sarah signed. Marriage witnessed by Jane Kay (looked like this name) & Thomas Fenby.

Whilst there dug out the baptisms for Withernwick;
on 4/2/1838 Sarah daughter of George & Elizabeth Fenby of Withernwick, George a shoemaker was baptised.

Had a few minutes spare so had a look for Sarahs parents marriage.
A strong possible would be George Fenby & Elizabeth Fletcher marrying in Swine on 27/3/1823.

Original parish record for Swine as follows:
George Fenby of the parish of Withernwick a batchelor and Elizabeth Fletcher of this parish a spinster were married in this church by Banns on 27/3/1823. Witnessed by Mary Fletcher, what looked like Mary Robinson & William Stephenson.

Sorry didn't record the vicars name for either marriages.

Familysearch site lists baptisms for probable brothers/sisters to Sarah that covers the period from 1823 & beyond including Thomas Fenby.

Hope this helps
Kev.
Ibbertson
Knight
Burton Turner
Greensides
Ketley

Offline Ibbo2000

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 July 12 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

Forgot to add before my visit had a look at some census's for Isaac. Is he listed twice in 1881? once as Isaac Darley Bond with wife Sarah & the other just as Isaac Bond a farm servant - both are similar ages & from Oxfordshire.

If he is Isaac Bond a farm servant he is listed working at the same place as one of my relatives - George Wickens. :)

Kev.
Ibbertson
Knight
Burton Turner
Greensides
Ketley

Offline abcbranch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 16 July 12 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hi there Kev

Wow!! Thank you for going the extra bit for me ... Isaac Darley Bond was one of my g-g-granddad's I've followed him and Sarah through the census records but was unable to put a surname to her,  I'd written  "Fenby" with a question mark but when I looked up his marriage page there was no Sarah listed and yes he was a farm servant -  What a small world,  it's strange how odd little things have been popping up since I've started looking and now this little connection between our relatives how amazing is that!!!   :)

Annie
Carr - Hull, E Yorks

Offline Ibbo2000

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 16 July 12 14:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie,

Certainly strange, knew I had relatives from the Skirlaugh/Withernwick area, only noticed my George when trying to find your Sarahs birthplace (to see if she was born in the area & hence worth checking other records whilst in Beverley this morning).

It's possible that the witness William Stephenson may have family connections as well. My wife has Stephensons  living in this area in the 1800's, no William as yet but you never know what may turn up.

Regarding the two appearances on the 1881 census - thinking about it further I have a vague recollection of this happening to someone I was looking for - also a farm servant/shepherd. Listed as with employer & also at home with the wife.

Regards
Kev.

Ibbertson
Knight
Burton Turner
Greensides
Ketley