Author Topic: Record of birth in Victoria Australia  (Read 2218 times)

Offline 64aussie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Record of birth in Victoria Australia
« on: Saturday 14 July 12 10:15 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a bit of help in relation to the record of birth for Francis Donnelly.  The BMD entry states that he was born 22nd August 1888 in East Trenthem, Victoria.  His father was James Donnelly, 40 years of age at the time of Francis' birth.  I am confused about the identity of his mother Ann.  Under the column with the heading Mother is Ann Donnelly, with maybe M M and then Kelly, aged 35 years, born Kyneton Victoria.  The entry states that the parents were married in March 188(7)? at Kyneton Victoria.  I cannot find record of a marriage for James to match this entry, but there is record of James Donnelly born in County Clare Ireland, which is correct, marrying Ann Donnelly in Victoria in 1888.  Is it possible that the M M is saying "Mother's Maiden" and Ann had been previously married to another Donnelly?  Any help appreciated.
Cheers

Offline crowboy97

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Record of birth in Victoria Australia
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 July 12 10:53 BST (UK) »
This should clarify matters.

Timothy Donnelly born Clare (County Clare) married Ann Kelly in 1872 Vic BDM Reg No. # 2848

Timothy Donnelly - father Jno residenceTrentham died aged 45 in 1884. Vic BDM Reg No. # 3144

James Donnelly born Clare (County Clare) married Ann Donnelly born Kyneton in 1888 Vic BDM Reg No. # 7429

Regards

Crowboy
Langley (Rutland, Lancashire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire, South Australia); Mallett, Mallet, Cowling, (Cornwall, South Australia, Victoria, Qld); Turner, Onyon (Lincolnshire); Harden, Hearden (Essex); Bradley (Lancashire); Palmer (Devonshire)

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk