Author Topic: LLOYD, Henry David  (Read 5210 times)

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LLOYD, Henry David
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 21 July 12 19:45 BST (UK) »
NZ Births

Children of Richard James and Marion LLOYD :

1878 - Richard John

1882 - Marion Matilda (d. 1882 aged 4 weeks)

1885 - Stephen Clinch (d. 1893 )

1886 - Caroline Elizabeth (m. Henry AMAS - 1913)

1889 - Sarah Ward (m. Owen James STILLS - 1913)

1893 - Walter Joseph (d. 1918 - France)

1895 - Marion Munro (can't see marriage or death ??)

--------------------

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 21 July 12 20:02 BST (UK) »
Hi again Lloyd

Just checked to see if there were others researching the family of Richard James LLOYD, and whilst I found 3 "trees" (@ Ancestry), the information is somewhat "light".

They did show that Richard James LLOYD was born at Nelson, c. 1849  ... but no parents named.   :(

~  Lu

Offline LloydG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 21 July 12 22:30 BST (UK) »
Geez - how am I going to thank you folks! BIG HUGS to all! :-* and three cheers for RootsChat! My daughter married into a family who have a published book about their ancestors, and she was asking me about ours, and sadly I had not much other than old photos (mostly unnamed/undated) and foggy childhood memories of occasional visits from Aunts and Uncles I barely knew.
I really do appreciate the trouble you've gone to on my behalf, as I just didn't know where to start.
(Now for the Kossatz and Cordes, families from Prussia...!!)
What a gene mixture....

Offline Grantlloyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 05 January 18 02:13 GMT (UK) »
Richard is also my great great grandfather. Richard and Elizabeth, according to my information had the following children:Caroline, Henry, and Richard James, who is my great grandfather. I have not been able to find out anymore than you about Richard and Elizabeth which is quite frustrating. If you find out anymore please let me know. My name is Grant. I live in Auckland. Richard James was a builder and was a partner in a firm called Clinch and Lloyd. They built several important buildings in Temuka such as the BNZ, the courthouse, the Anglican and Methodist churches. They also built the Ashburton flour mills.
By the way Richard,husband of Elizabeth, was the son of a David Lloyd who apparently was also a bootmaker and Elizabeth's father was a cooper. I hope I may have told you something you did not know. Interestingly I have little information about the descendants of Henry, of which you are obviously one. Any info would be appreciated.
Regards,
Grant Lloyd

Offline Grantlloyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 05 January 18 02:41 GMT (UK) »
I notice you have been told the children of Richard James the builder and included is my grandfather, another Richard (middle name John). Like his Dad,he was a builder. He was married to Mary Shears but she died in 1904 after having four children. He then married Minnie Smith (my Grandmother) and they had a further 13 children. Two were born in the South Island and my Pop and Na then moved to Wellington where they had another 7 children, My Dad , Eric, being one.

Offline Grantlloyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 05 January 18 02:45 GMT (UK) »
Correction to my previous post: Richard and Minnie had 9 children, not 13.  Altogether Richard John had 13 children - 4 to Mary Shears and 9 to Minnine.

Offline LloydG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 05 January 18 02:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Grant! My email address is (*) and it would be great to hear from you and hopefully increase both our family trees!
Regards.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.