Author Topic: John Evans and Mary Jones_parents of Henry Robert Bennett Jones  (Read 15654 times)

Offline sgbright1965

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Evans and Mary Jones_parents of Henry Robert Bennett Jones
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 10 March 13 12:17 GMT (UK) »
A very interesting thread about the Elias family.  Can anyone locate Plas Y Glynn?

Offline sgbright1965

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 10 March 13 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Also there was a strong link between the Elias family and Lord Newborough - later William Elias and son Edward Elias were land managers for what must have been most of the 19th century.  For a long period the family occupied Maern Abbey and built the current structure around 1850 - was this part of the Newborough estates at the time or was this an Elias property?

Offline sgbright1965

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Monday 10 June 13 03:22 BST (UK) »
If anyone is interested in the Elias line that starts in Clynnog - moves over to Plas Y Glynn near Llanfwrog then to the Abbey Llanrwst and then to Gorswen Caerhun - William - Edward - William - Edward etc etc let me know.  Have done a lot of work on these lines including maternal.

Offline miles_hagen_bown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Evans and Mary Jones_parents of Robert Henry Bennett Jones
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 23:18 BST (UK) »
I am doing some research for my sister in law.
Her grandfather was Robert Henry Bennett Evans, he emigrated to Buffalo, New York, USA about 1909 and she would like to know more about his family.

We came up with the full name of Robert Henry Bennett Evans from his World War I draft registration card which states that he was British, that he was born July 4, 1883.

I think I found his birth in BMD registers, July-Sep 1883 in West Derby (Liverpool) Lancashire, England; in the index it is given as Robert Henry B Evans. His father is named as John. We think we found his name on a manifest list in 1909, Robert H Evans, which also lists his father's name as J Bennett Evans, Crest Bank, New Brighton, Ches

My sister-in-law wrote to me:

Thanks especially for the info on my grandfather, Robert Evans.  I know that he came to the US from Liverpool around the turn of the century, when he was 18.  He came by himself, but had a big family, originally from Wales.  I think his father's name was John, from a small town we visited on the coast of Wales ( Something like Pthwelly (sp?), and my great-grandmother [Robert's mother] was Mary, from the Isle of Anglesy.  He only corresponded with one brother over the years, and the trail ends there. 

I may post this on Liverpool site too...? or Cheshire??

Offline miles_hagen_bown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Evans and Mary Jones_parents of Robert Henry Bennett Evans
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 23:19 BST (UK) »
A very interesting thread about the Elias family.  Can anyone locate Plas Y Glynn?

Offline miles_hagen_bown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Evans and Mary Jones_parents of Robert Henry Bennett Evans
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 23:20 BST (UK) »
I am doing some research for my sister in law.
Her grandfather was Robert Henry Bennett Evans, he emigrated to Buffalo, New York, USA about 1909 and she would like to know more about his family.

We came up with the full name of Robert Henry Bennett Evans from his World War I draft registration card which states that he was British, that he was born July 4, 1883.

I think I found his birth in BMD registers, July-Sep 1883 in West Derby (Liverpool) Lancashire, England; in the index it is given as Robert Henry B Evans. His father is named as John. We think we found his name on a manifest list in 1909, Robert H Evans, which also lists his father's name as J Bennett Evans, Crest Bank, New Brighton, Ches

My sister-in-law wrote to me:

Thanks especially for the info on my grandfather, Robert Evans.  I know that he came to the US from Liverpool around the turn of the century, when he was 18.  He came by himself, but had a big family, originally from Wales.  I think his father's name was John, from a small town we visited on the coast of Wales ( Something like Pthwelly (sp?), and my great-grandmother [Robert's mother] was Mary, from the Isle of Anglesy.  He only corresponded with one brother over the years, and the trail ends there. 

I may post this on Liverpool site too...? or Cheshire??

Offline Glynm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 14:14 BST (UK) »
Hi

Since this is a re-posting from from some years ago, and there has been information already discovered, I am not sure what specifically is now required. If you are wanting the position of Plas-y-Glyn it can be found here https://historicplacenames.rcahmw.gov.uk/placenames/recordedname/4218c0d8-622c-4e7a-b577-06bc0e1b31b3 .
If you want to research further into John Evans' Pwllheli background the best site for information covering that area is yffor.com which has all the parish records, censuses, etc. for the Lleyn.

Glyn
Jones - Penmachno/Blaenau Ffestiniog/Capel Garmon
Thomas - Abererch/Porthmadog
Evans - Llangelynin/Llanaelhaern
Jones - Pwllheli/Abererch
Brammer - Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire
Robb - London/Scotland