Author Topic: the Ruck family of Monmouth  (Read 4437 times)

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: the Ruck family of Monmouth
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Dave ,
if you are looking outward - do you have any of the following names in your tree - Cecil/Saysell, Harris, Webb, Howells, Gilbert, Parry, Hyatt and/or Word?
Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire are the hotspot for the DNA pool for Lord Burghley - William Cecil. Happy to chat.

You need three posts to send PM [Personal Messages].
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

guest189040

« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 August 18 10:10 BST (UK) »
Dave
Great to hear from you.

The Rucks probably came from Hereford where I did find tha one of them was a Blacksmith.

They gradually moved south and spent quite some time around Orcop, and Garway I believe that Amos was in Llangattock Vibon Abel in 1901 and 1911 and believe that he is burried in the same graveyard as Henry Royce.

His daughter Laura was my great grandmother.

Around Orcop were the Jones, Williams and Meadmore families all of which are related to Amos and Laura, in fact there were two Williams sisters who married two Ruck brothers, Elizabeth Williams married Amos.  Her sister was called Laura and she married Amos’s brother James.  I have seen an image of Laura Ruck nee Williams and she was the double of Grandma Evans.

I have only got back to Edward Ruck of 1818 with any degree of confidence, online records for Herefordshire are not as good as other Counties and unfortunately the Herefordshire Archives are a fair distance away from me.

If you are on Ancestry my family tree is there, pm me and I will send you a link.

Offline Mike Cole

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 March 24 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone

I have just started to delve into the Ruck family from Orcop in Herefordshire. My ancestor is Suzanna Ruck who married Walter Cooke. I beueve her father was Richard Ruck but I have found it very difficult to identify who her mother was. I have ordered the marriage certificate so hopefully I will be able to confirm some details. I am on Ancestry if anyone wants to look at my tree. I have DNA connections with several descentants of Susanna and Walter and I would love to be able to move the research further back
Kind regards
Mike
Any details would be greatly appreiated

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 March 24 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Mike.

Hopefully other Ruck descendants will answer you soon.

Baptism;
8 August 1813 Herefordshire
SUSANNA Daughter of RICHARD/AMELIA Ruck

I am not related at all.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Mike Cole

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 07 March 24 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for this Trish  :) . I will definitely check this out

Warmest regards

Mike

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 09 March 24 09:38 GMT (UK) »
Your welcome.

Entry is on Familysearch.Org
Siblings bapts;
CAROLINE  1 October 1815
EDWARD 22 September 1822

I actually had not looked at Census for Susan/Walter until now and noticed it 1841 Henry/Mealy Jones are living next to them

In 1881 we have;
Walter Cook   64
Susannah Cook   68
Amelia Jones   94 Mother in Law born Kilpeck, Hereford
William Cook   5

Looks to me that Richard died before 1841 Census, so c 1822-1841 and Amelia has remarried Henry Jones.

Marriage  26 August 1812
Kilpeck, Herefordshire, England
Ricd RUCK to Mildred POWEL

Is Mildred/Mealy/Amelia a bit of a stretch???

Trish :)

Edit;
YES ;D May be on right track??

Marriage  23 September 1826
Kilpeck, Herefordshire

Henry JONES to Mildred RUCK

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 09 March 24 11:03 GMT (UK) »
Henry/Amelia Jones bapt;
ELIJAH 1 April 1827
HENRY 9 Aug 1829
JAMES 7 Sept 1831

I cant confirm any of the children in Census but at least one must have survived as Henry/Amelia have a Grandson George Jones born Monmouthshire with them 1861 Census

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 09 March 24 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Possible? 
MILDREAD Powel Baptism 18 September 1791, Kilpeck, Herefordshire
Mother ANN Powel

Offline Mike Cole

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 10 March 24 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Oh my gosh this is amazing. I think Mealy is spot on - you are mazing at this - I have struggled. The abbreviation is what threw me. I'll gwt some of this in my tree and see what else Ancestry throws up

Once again thank you so much

M