Author Topic: McKerlies - Campbell's Croft, Old Luce, Wigtownshire, 1700's  (Read 20946 times)

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McKerlies - Campbell's Croft, Old Luce, Wigtownshire, 1700's
« Reply #18 on: Monday 23 July 12 21:17 BST (UK) »
"Galloway Gossip" ? that appears to be the book. My copy has the title page as being The Southern Albanach 80 Years Ago, by R. De Bruce Trotter, printer the Courier & Herald, Dumfries, with an intro' by Crocket.
 I read it every Winter, a tonic against the dark days.

Skoosh.

Offline PlayaCofi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 July 12 22:14 BST (UK) »
The 60 years threw me off. I will order a copy, thanks.

Karen

Offline PlayaCofi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 23 July 12 23:03 BST (UK) »
I went ahead and ordered the 60 year (with shipping $30). I did find a hardback 80 year but they wanted $73.85 + shipping.

By the way I found out that the publisher, Nabu Press, is going to have an iPad app later this summer where you can download the book. When their app site is up and running it will be called Biblioboard.

K

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 23 July 12 23:17 BST (UK) »
You'll enjoy it!

Offline PlayaCofi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 24 July 12 11:23 BST (UK) »
Update and I need some advice please.

I confirmed through Scotspeople that indeed Both John and Agnes are the children of George and Martha but the spelling was McCarlie. Interestingly enough though the orginal McKerlie son that started all of this James b. 1808 was not in the birth records but I do have his death record.

I ordered both records and then went off and running trying to find more information on Agnes. I just assumed when I went back to Scotspeople it would be in my cart and I could check out. Nope, nothing there.

They are in my timeline and I do have them saved to my favorites. Does anyone know how I can re-order them without having to pay the 5 credits to pull them up again?

Secondly, I think it is time for me to hit the Ireland boards for George and Agnes, Can anyone put me in the right direction?

Thanks.

PS I hit a brick wall for Agnes McCarlie after the 1851 British Census. I guess the next step is looking at her kids to see if she may be mentioned there :-\

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 24 July 12 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen

Once you have viewed a search results page or an actual image, this is saved for you to view again at any time. If you look at the very top of the page, you have a number of buttons:

Viewed Images - Previous Searches - Timeline - Shopping Basket - My Details - Logout

If you have viewed an actual image, you will always find it indexed under 'Viewed Images'. Click on that link for the index, then for each entry in this section, just click on 'View' to bring up the image again on your screen. (You might also want to save key images elsewhere on your computer, I think you mention that have already done this?).

As above, to view previous search pages that you have already paid 1 unit to carry out and view, just click on the 'Previous Searches' button.

Regarding Agnes McKerlie/Matthew, I couldn't find a death entry on Scotlands People post 1855. She may not have died in Scotland (they were in England from what you have found in 1851) or she may have died before the start of official registration, pre 1855. I did the search for her as M*c*rl* for the maiden name to try and pick up on variants.

Monica

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline brettelliott

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 20:25 BST (UK) »
Hi i see you are researching McKerlie its interesting you came across a George McKerlie ELLIOTT a gardener at ripley castle he is my x 2 great uncle, i have an extract from the elliott family bible from my x2 g grandfather Alexander Elliott , Georges brother, there was i think by memory 16 children ,George and William the 2 eldest had a different mother than the rest a Barbra McKie ? this name is written down in the extract. i will check georges b/date ..All the Elliotts where gardeners Georges father Robert Elliott was head gardener at castle craig peebleshire scotland to the Carmicheal /Gibson family robert was born Crailing Parish roxburghshire scottish borders 1776, second wife was isabella dickson.Thomas Carmichael Elliott another brother to george was head gardener to the Earl of illchester Melbury osmond/sampford. hes buried there in front of the church door...any info on barbra Mckie wouyld be good if i get a reply i can post marriage dates for barbra and robert from extract im not at home right now ..I hope i helped a little with the mystery as it continues ..good luck in your research Brett .J.Elliott

Offline mckerliejp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 26 September 15 07:25 BST (UK) »
Hi how's it going I believe I can help u its my grandfather's dad

Offline PlayaCofi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile