Author Topic: Bagnall of Tullamore  (Read 16920 times)

Offline Lance Matthews

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Bagnall of Tullamore
« on: Friday 06 July 12 16:28 BST (UK) »
Looking for the correct family for Rebecca Bagnall, born about 1848 in Clonminch. Her father was Daniel Bagnall, a farmer.
Rebecca married Robert Matthews in 1872. A witness to the marriage was George Bagnall. All C. of I.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Bagnall of Tullamore
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 July 12 17:00 BST (UK) »
Clonminch is in Kilbride civil and CofI parish, and there's a baptism on the free index of RootsIreland pay-website for a Rebecca Bagnall in 1847 in Tullamore/Kilbride CofI parish. Father's name doesn't match with Daniel though... appears to be John. Mother's name seems to be Fran or Frances

A search of the records for Offaly by just father's name Dan* Bangall and variants between 1832 and 1862 shows no results, but many of the historic CofI records for Offaly are either lost, or dont do back far enough.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Lance Matthews

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 July 12 17:18 BST (UK) »
I have a copy of the marriage cert and it states, father, Daniel Bagnall. From what I can gather, there were a few Bagnall families in Clonminch. Many thanks Shane.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 July 12 18:21 BST (UK) »
Clonminch cemetery;
Jack

Offline Lance Matthews

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 July 12 08:10 BST (UK) »
The only Daniel I can find was born 1799 and had a wife called Frances and also a brother called George who married Eliza Ryland. Of course this may not be connected.

Offline jecgirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 09 July 12 03:02 BST (UK) »
Seanmac, my gggf was Edward Bagnall Kelly b1838 , mother Elizabeth Bagnall father William Kelly. Married Mary Holt, daughter of Henry Holt of Killoughy. All lived in Clonminch, all CoI.  Most of Edward and Mary's children were baptised in St. Catherines CoI, Tullamore.  Is there a cemetery associated with that church or where might I contact to get death and burial info.
Thanks for any info. 

Offline Lance Matthews

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Bagnall of Clonminch
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 July 12 22:11 BST (UK) »
Looking for the parents of Rebecca Bagnall, born Clonminch 1847and any brothers, or sisters. Any help would be appreciated. C. of I.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Bagnall of Clonminch
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 24 July 12 22:18 BST (UK) »
The only Clonminch townland I can find is in Co. Offaly .. are you sure about Westmeath ?

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Lance Matthews

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Bagnall of Clonminch
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 24 July 12 22:46 BST (UK) »
Sorry, you are correct. Problem is that the Bagnalls came from both Westmeath and from King's (Offaly). Rebecca married in Clonminch, probably St.Catherine's.
Could someone advise where the BMD records for St. Catherine are held.
I am sure there will be Bagnall researchers who have looked for their relatives in Westmeath and Offaly.

Moderator Note : Moved to Co. Offaly