Author Topic: Probate Entry for Beddow?  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Probate Entry for Beddow?
« on: Wednesday 25 July 12 15:50 BST (UK) »

I've been looking through the Probate Entries on An****ry for an entry for:

Selina Beddow, (Née Rees) (1877 - 1946).

Selina REES was born 1st Quarter of 1877 in Swansea, parents Evan and Margaret REES.

On the 1911 Census for Wales she is living in Brynforgan House, Clydach Road, Morriston with her parents and brother.

June Q 1919
REES, Selina married BEDDOW, Albert W. (Swansea 11a 2409).

She is granted probate for her father's effects following his death in 1927, when she is married to Albert William Beddow and living in London. (I've found the Probate Entry for Evan Rees and now have his Will).

Albert W. Beddow died in Swansea in 1940.

Deaths Mar 1946 
Beddow    Selina    69yrs    Swansea    (11a   1071).

I am unable to find Probate Entries for either Selina or Albert Beddow... ::) ::)

Can anyone on here see them please? (Or an Obituary or Death Notice?)

Cheers, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Probate Entry for Beddow?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 July 12 19:55 BST (UK) »

Many Thanks to Bevbee on here for finding a Death Notice for Albert Beddow for me.

Interesting to see that at the time of his death he was living at the house owned by my GreatGrandfather Evan Rees prior to his death in 1927.

Cheers, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 June 15 08:57 BST (UK) »

It was somewhat tricky to find... but I have now located the Probate for Selina Beddow, (Née Rees) proved in 1946.
Interesting to see that she left her effects to her brother George Rees, of 43 High Street, Clydach.

Romilly.
Researching:

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 June 15 09:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Romilly

she may not have left her effects to George.

he is in the calendar entry as her executor and may not have been a beneficiary, her will shows exactly who got what but you'll need to spend another £10 to get a copy of that.

https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 03 June 15 09:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Romilly
he is in the calendar entry as her executor and may not have been a beneficiary, her will shows exactly who got what but you'll need to spend another £10 to get a copy of that.

Thanks Dawn...

I must admit that now that the price of Wills has doubled, - I tend to think twice before ordering them! (Obituaries and Probate Entries often contain the most salient points).

I found the Probate for George Rees, who Died in 1954, and was surprised at the amount that he left. I would imagine that Selina's bequest must have helped.  :)

Selina Married Albert Beddow quite late in life, and didn't have any children. I think that it's highly likely that she left everything to her older brother George Rees. Selina herself was the sole beneficiary to her Father Evan Rees' Will; which I obtained some years ago now.

Romilly.
Researching:

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 03 November 15 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Romilly

Well... for the sake of completeness... I paid for and ordered a copy of Selina Beddow's Will.

As I suspected, she left all her worldly goods to her brother George Rees. And so I should really have trusted my gut feeling... and saved myself £10.00!

Romilly.
Researching: