Author Topic: Help with information on the Genghis Khan Passenger Ship 19th century  (Read 3794 times)

Offline seaweed

  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ******
  • Posts: 1,913
  • I'll see you one day in Fiddlers Green.
    • View Profile
Re: Help with information on the Genghis Khan Passenger Ship 19th century
« Reply #9 on: Monday 29 May 17 10:58 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat. Where has that five years gone to!
Good news is the majority of the 1861/1862 Crew Agreements, some 90%, are now stored at the NMM Greenwich. The remaining 10% are at TNA Kew.
To obtain the records from NMM use this form
 http://www.rmg.co.uk/national-maritime-museum/caird-library/crew-lists-agreements-official-logs-request-form
A bit long winded but easier than visiting. Don't forget the vessel's Official Number. 24685. Be aware that her last 1861 C/A may be stored in 1862. Depend's when she returned to a UK port.
Dim ateb yn well nag ateb anghywir. Nid oes dim yn ddall fel rhai nad ydynt yn dymuno gweld

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.