Author Topic: COMPLETED - Marriage Look-up please - Phillips/Cox Jersey abt 1882  (Read 1533 times)

Offline MotoFreako64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COMPLETED - Marriage Look-up please - Phillips/Cox Jersey abt 1882
« on: Thursday 26 July 12 14:23 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for deatails of the wedding of my 3x great grandparents Alfred Phillips (or Philip/Phillippe) and Sarah Adelaide Cox. I reckon that the wedding would have been in St Helier about 1882/83.

Alfred was born 1861 and baptised in St Helier in March 1861. He was the son of Francis or Francois Phillip/Phillippe and Rachel Jane Fauvel.

Sarah sometimes went by the name of Adelaide or Ada. She was born January 1864 and was originally from Sedgley in Staffordshire. She moved to Jersey in the late 1860s with her parents William and Sarah Cox.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help  ;)

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Look-up please - Phillips/Cox Jersey abt 1882
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 August 12 16:38 BST (UK) »
And the next one - also at St Helier Town Church

10/1/1883
Alfred Phillips, aged 22, bachelor, occupation Sailor, living in Ann St, St Helier, born in St Helier. Father Francis Phillips - Sailor
Adelaide Cox, aged 19, spinster, occupation Domestic Servant, living in Broad St. St Helier, born in Wolverhampton, Staffordshire. Father William Cox - Gardener.

The witnesses were E. Marion and Joshua Blampied.

Offline MotoFreako64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Look-up please - Phillips/Cox Jersey abt 1882
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 August 12 20:57 BST (UK) »
Once again, thank you very much for this information "la grande-methe" you've been very helpful. This confirms Adelaide really is who I thought she was. This lady now appears in my family tree twice. When Alfred died, Sarah Adelaide remarried to a Henry Thomas Gallichan, so not only is she my 3x great grandmother, she is also my 3x great grand aunt in another line  ???