Author Topic: Home Defence - ? archives  (Read 8404 times)

Offline hadenmaiden

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Home Defence - ? archives
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 May 05 17:02 BST (UK) »
Thelma, this is so kind of you, thank you.
Yes, the Boys you identified are the right ones - I have Ernests attestation papers, and grave details.  I believe that William's name was transcribed incorrectly - have got his Middlemore records, too. 
I'm quite excited about the Divorce records page - that's a real possibility.  sadly, the link won't open for me at the moment, but I'll try again later. 
don't know if William had another name - his father abandoned mother around the time of his birth, and I haven't yet tracked down his birth certificate.
Thank you again, I really appreciate your efforts  :-*
Haden, Edwards, Bradley, Lamb, Cooper, Pool, Hepton, Ellam, Wilbe, Taylor

Offline samthompson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 May 05 18:06 BST (UK) »
Hello

have you seen this?
http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/~marj/genealogy/homeadd.html

MIDDLEMORE REUNION - 2004
The annual gathering of our Home Children and descendants of Home Children was held on August 28, 2004 in Fredericton, NB. The Reunion was very successful. We had about 85 in attendance including two Home Children. An election was held for a two year term. Marion Crawford was voted in as President, Mary Dobbelsteyn, Secretary, and Sheila Milburn, Treasurer. The next reunion is scheduled for Saturday September 17, 2005 in Fredericton. This will be the 25th anniversary of the Middlemore Home Reunion. We invite all descendants of Home Children from any sending agency to plan to attend.

2nd Annual Reunion of British Home Children and Descendants
The reunion was held in Truro, Nova Scotia on October 2, 2004. For more information please contact: Dawn Hopkins, 902-737-2316 bhc@seascape.ns.ca or Melvin Harris, 902-434-8013 for the Halifax/Dartmouth area and Cecil Verge, 902-681-6697, willowcb@auracom.com for the Halifax area; Debbie Walker, 902-897-6966 for Truro area; Jeanette McNutt, 902-895-9718, janway@ns.sympatico.ca for Truro area; Marion Crawford, 506-484-1815, mcrawfd@nbnet.nb.ca for New Brunswick.

They may have access to information about descendents, etc. of these children who came to Canada.

Still looking

Thelma

Source: Library and Archives Canada's website (www.collectionscanada.ca)

Kilgannon, Chugg, Neutze

Offline hadenmaiden

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 May 05 18:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Thelma - thanks again!! 
Yes, that's where I got the information to get access to Middlemore records.  It's Wiliam's time after Middlemore I seem to be stuck with.  great work, thank you

Offline samthompson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 May 05 02:28 BST (UK) »
Hello

you may already have this but I think I found his WW1 attestation papers under the name of William Matheson (Hayden), sister Miss. Eliza Hayden of Liverpool is next of kin, he was born Dec 25 1901 in Wolverhampton, England. He enlisted June 29 1918 and lists Louisburg, Nova Scotia as his address.  He lists the 94 regiment for prior service. (possibly Home Defence?)

http://data2.archives.ca/cef/gpc010/483728a.gif

This could be his birth reference in the online BMD

Births Dec 1901
~~~~~~~~

HADEN  William     Wolverhampton  6b 654

there is also an Eliza Ann Haden born in Wolverhampton in 1896 (possibly the sister he refers to?) and an Ernest born there in 1898.

Is this of any help?

Let me know if you think this is your William and I can look around for other resources.

Thelma
Source: Library and Archives Canada's website (www.collectionscanada.ca)

Kilgannon, Chugg, Neutze

Offline hadenmaiden

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 May 05 07:40 BST (UK) »
You are an absolute gem!!  Eliza was his sister[my granny]  born 1894 - have hers and Ernest's birth certificates.  I'll check out the GRO ref. you gave me for William  :-*Thank you sooooooooo much!!  Big hugs all round, Jacky