Author Topic: Richards Farm connections Llanllawddog and Llanpumpsaint  (Read 4538 times)

Offline MEN

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Richards Farm connections Llanllawddog and Llanpumpsaint
« on: Thursday 02 August 12 22:06 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on any of the Richards  families for the following farms

Llwyn Sarnau, Llanllawddog - I have details of this family from 1841 and a few details prior to 1841. John Richards and Jane Davies were married at Llanllawddog PC in 1812. They were my Gt GT grandparents.

Llwyn Martin isha Llanllawddog - William Richards was living here in 1851. I don't know if he was a relation of John's but the farm was close to Llwyn Sarnau

LLwyn Martin Ucha, Llanllawddog- In 1851 Thomas Richards lived here but moved to Penycerrig Llanpumpsaint in 1861

All these farms are in close proximity to each other and I am anxious to find out if there is any connection between the various Richards families.

Many thanks
Maureen

Offline Histree

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richards Farm connections Llanllawddog and Llanpumpsaint
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 07:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am descended from Thomas Richards, but I have unfortunately been unable to trace his parents as of yet, I assume they must be at least cousins.

Offline MEN

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am so pleased that you have contacted me as I have made no progress with my Richards line for several years. What information do you have on Thomas? Did he have any siblings and what was his birth date? I can give you the information I have and hopefully we can make a connection.
Best wishes
Maureen

Offline Histree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 February 14 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am descended from Jane, Thomas and Rachel's child. She later lived at Penycerrig farm with her husband, Daniel Jones. They then ran the Grey Cow Inn, John Street, Carmarthen. Like yourself I have no other information. I have seen on the ancestry site that several people have said that John Richards, and Jane Davies were his parents, although I have seen no evidence of this.
I don't live far from that area, so I may visit some of the chapel cemetries that you have not.
Thanks

Offline E Davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 11:13 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Just a quick word to say that I was born at Llwynsarnau and lived there for the first 30 years of my life. It came into our family around 1895, by which time the Richards' had departed.

Llwynmartin Isaf and Llwynmartin Uchaf are neighbouring farms, Llwynmartin Isaf sharing a boundary with Llwynsarnau. Pencerrig too is nearby. There are/were a few Richards  families in the area, farming in such places as Waungaled, just over the  border in Abergwili parish, and also in Llanpumsaint.

I see that William Richards and family - wife Margaret and children Elizabeth and John were farming Llwynsarnau in 1881, with William's parents, John and Jane preceding him there.

Good luck!

Eurig

Offline MEN

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 12:56 BST (UK) »
Hello Eurig,

Thank you so much for your reply. It's very interesting that your family farmed at Llwynsarnau . My family were there until about 1895 - the date my Aunt Margaret was born to my Grandparents,John Richards and Elizabeth Thomas. Margaret's elder brother, my uncle David was also born at the farm in 1891 but by the time my father was born in 1897 the family had moved to farm in Worcestershire. I do not know the reason for this.

My gt grandparents William Richards and his wife Margaret Davies were farming at Llwynsarnau until 1881 but my Gt Grandfather was killed in 1887 and by the 1891 census Margaret had moved to live with her son David at Cerrigbychan, Llanpumsaint.

Were the family that moved in around 1895 Davies'? I am always looking for connections and wonder if they might have been relations.

Would you be any relation to Denzel Davies? He was living at the farm around 2000.