Author Topic: Romaldkirk, Teesdale, Lunedale and Baldersdale  (Read 5535 times)

Offline barney

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Romaldkirk, Teesdale, Lunedale and Baldersdale
« on: Thursday 01 July 04 01:10 BST (UK) »
Looking for any descendants of families from this area, any where in the world. I have many records from St Rombald's Kirk, Romaldkirk,  Laithkirk Church and Middleton-in Teesdale Church. Good knowledge of Baldersdale and Lunedale history. Also a vast database on the local familes, including other areas in Co. Durham, dating back at least 200 years. Would be glad to assist anyone seriously researching their family history. I have copies of  the 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881 and 1891 for Co. Durham and  North Yorkshire.
I am also within 15 mins of Durham Record Office and would be only to happy to pick up photocopies of any documents or archives housed there.
Please contact me with family details, e.g. names, dates, addresses  and I will try to help as much as I can.
NTH YORKS, DURHAM - Dent, Raine, Alderson, Bainbridge, Tarn, Manistry, Ramage, Sedgewick, Airey, Moore, Todd, Campbell, Gowland, Husband, Schorah, Wignall.
NTH YORKS -  Biggins, Johnson, Hindson, Leng, Bowes, Garbutt, Goldsborough, Langstaff.
NEWCASTLE - Pascoe, Sanderson, Willey.
WESTMORLAND - Weightman

Offline ashton

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Romaldkirk, Teesdale, Lunedale and Baldersdale
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 July 04 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi My mother's father was an Alderson whos ancesters  came from Romaldkirk, happy to exchange info with you.
Cheers.
Colwill    Mayne    Mallett     Wonnacott   All Devon
Draisey   Draysey    All Counties
Clements     Somerset
Alderson   Yorkshire and Westmorland

Offline lindagene

• I am sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 October 04 18:19 BST (UK) »
I am (I think) a descendant of the Collinson family originally from Romaldkirk and  Middleton in Teeside, through my mother.   I believe that the Joseph Collinson born or baptised around 1706 belongs with my family grouping.  Am happy to swap information.    Lindy
Snowdon, Collinson,  Durham, Northumberland,Yorkshire
Payne, Essex    Baker  Norfolk/Essex/Australia
Davies  Staffordshire, Shropshire

Offline brhull

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 March 19 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barney,
I am trying to trace my genealogy. My father's line is Hull and I have some confidence that my 3rd Great Grandfather was born in Baldersdale - Joseph Hull in 1819. However I don't make much progress with his family after that. It is possible his father was a Jonathan Hull 1797 but little certainty. I also have a census reference for Joseph Hull to Willoughby House which I found on an 1888 map just south of the western end of Hury reservoir.
Anyway it would be great to make contact and discuss anything about Baldersdale!
Thanks,
Ben

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 March 19 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ben and welcome to Rootschat...the original poster hasn't been on Rootschat since May last year so you may not get a response. Not really sure why the original message was posted on the East Yorkshire Board?
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline brhull

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 March 19 06:39 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Carol.