Author Topic: marriage cert btwn John Morris & Anne Williams, Whitford Wales.  (Read 11266 times)

Offline shell2012

• RootsChat Member
  • My Great Grandparents From Chester.
    • View Profile
marriage cert btwn John Morris & Anne Williams, Whitford Wales.
« on: Tuesday 07 August 12 03:22 BST (UK) »
I am just wondering after making good progress with the John Morris b 1796 & believed to be Anne (nee Williams from 1841 census record HO 107/1407/28 shows a Jane Williams staying with the family aged 80) Anne b 1791. I have been able to track this family quite easily with the help of friend roots poster (Nibbs) making an initial enquiry for me on here.

However I am unable to find any marriage cert despite looking for John and Anne. Their first child Maria Morris was born abt 1810. So I can only presume that they married a couple of years prior to this. When I search, nothing is showing. If anyone had better luck than I, please let me know.

Also if anyone is searching the Margaret (nee) Morris b. 1823-1899 & Samuel Jones b. 1833 family from Flintshire Wales moved to Stoke on Trent after marrying. Samuel from Colwyn Bay area and Margaret from Whitford, Wales I have their tree up now for any details.

Thanks

Michelle

Morris of Whitford Wales. Jones of Whitford Wales. Price of Stoke on Trent. Booth of Bury, Lancs. West of Stockport, Liverpool and Ireland. Beresford & Thompson of Chester.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: marriage cert btwn John Morris & Anne Williams, Whitford Wales.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 09:15 BST (UK) »
There will be no marriage certificate if the marriage took place before 1837.You may be able to find the Parish Register entry for the marriage if you are able to find where the marriage took place.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline shell2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 09:24 BST (UK) »
Ahh silly me, why do I always forget the history of research itself ! Ok, thanks for that tip. I will try and look at local parish records on ancestry. Same applies if anyone finds it before me, please let me know as I am not the best at finding stuff and sometimes over look things when they are staring me right in the face !
Morris of Whitford Wales. Jones of Whitford Wales. Price of Stoke on Trent. Booth of Bury, Lancs. West of Stockport, Liverpool and Ireland. Beresford & Thompson of Chester.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 09:43 BST (UK) »
Trying to narrow the years down a bit,John is shown in 1851 as born in Whitford in c 1781-HO107/2500/165/2.So any marriage is likely to have taken place 1800-1810.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 09:45 BST (UK) »
I am just wondering after making good progress with the John Morris b 1796.

Their first child Maria Morris was born abt 1810.

Can you check on dates here, please?  It is possible that the father was 14 when his child was born but unusual.  

Added - just noticed William's find - b.c. 1780
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 09:49 BST (UK) »
Noted that on the 1851, Ann is down as 69 so b.c. 1782 not 1791  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 09:55 BST (UK) »
Nearest that I can find:

Marriage 10 March 1799, Nannerch -

John Morris of Mold  and Anne Williams. both aged 21. By licence.

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 10:00 BST (UK) »
There is also this one -

12 Dec 1808 Nannerch
John Morris and Ann Williams - both otp

So   :-\

(nothing that I can see for Whitford!)

Offline shell2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 10:10 BST (UK) »
Yes I am thinking that they lived and born Whitford but not coming up as Whitford. I am still perplexed by it...as I do not know enough about them apart from when after they married on the censuses and because its coming to the end of the censuses its a difficult time in research. But I will take what you have all found and look deeper and try and decide based on evidence what is most likely.

Thank you for trying, will get back to you if any of your leads strike as the lucky one and feedback.
Michelle