Author Topic: marriage cert btwn John Morris & Anne Williams, Whitford Wales.  (Read 11294 times)

Offline shell2012

• RootsChat Member
  • My Great Grandparents From Chester.
    • View Profile
Re: marriage cert btwn John Morris & Anne Williams, Whitford Wales.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 11:13 BST (UK) »
There is also this one -

12 Dec 1808 Nannerch
John Morris and Ann Williams - both otp

So   :-\

(nothing that I can see for Whitford!)

Hello Author Brevitas,

I cant seem to find the record marriage for the above on ancestry. Did you find them elsewhere. If so, can you let me know or Pm me if you need explain more i.e links etc.
Morris of Whitford Wales. Jones of Whitford Wales. Price of Stoke on Trent. Booth of Bury, Lancs. West of Stockport, Liverpool and Ireland. Beresford & Thompson of Chester.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 11:17 BST (UK) »
Ancestry is not very good at all for Flintshire - or many of the Welsh counties. I'd never look there for them. Family Search is now much better but normally you'd need to go to parish records - available from a number of sources, including the Clwyd FHS.

http://www.clwydfhs.org.uk/publications.htm

Some are now also available from FindmyPast (pay site) https://www.findmypast.co.uk

(P.S. Some records can get missed)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline norma_jess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 11:38 BST (UK) »
The marriage Brevitas found for1799 has the parents of John as Margaret and John Morris and Peter Wiliams for Anne and they both appear to have signed their names on the register. The 1808 just gives the names but no ages or parents, but that John also signed his name where Anne made her mark. These can be found on FindMyPast site.
North Wales Denbighshire .Williams. Hopwood.
Flintshire. Williams. Griffiths. Clarke. Hopwood.
Cheshire. Darlington. Stubbs.
Staffordshire. Darlington. Stubbs. Fieldhouse. Biddulph.
Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancashire. Johnson/Johnston. Bebbington. Harris. Pimlott.
Cumberland. Marriner. Tuddenham. Crozier, Bell. Johnson/Johnston. Norman.
Northumberland.  Marriner. Leathard. Common
Norfolk. Tuddenham. Rolfe. Rosier.

Census information is Crown Co

Offline shell2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 11:44 BST (UK) »
The marriage Brevitas found for1799 has the parents of John as Margaret and John Morris and Peter Wiliams for Anne and they both appear to have signed their names on the register. The 1808 just gives the names but no ages or parents, but that John also signed his name where Anne made her mark. These can be found on FindMyPast site.

Thank you for that Norma,
My novice research skills are starting to embarrassingly show through. Can I ask you what is a FindMyPast site Family,,,,no good in guessing? Sorry I am all new to this I have remained too safe for too long within the confines of ancestry and all this independent browsing has taken me out of my comfort bubble.

Regards,
Michelle
Morris of Whitford Wales. Jones of Whitford Wales. Price of Stoke on Trent. Booth of Bury, Lancs. West of Stockport, Liverpool and Ireland. Beresford & Thompson of Chester.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 11:45 BST (UK) »
FindMyPast doesn't cover Whitford after about 1778 ish. Clwyd FHS has extra booklets to 1912.

. I've been checking the Names from Clwyd site to cross check for Morris/Williams marriages in Whitford - it's doing my head in

Maybe someone else can check:

http://www.namesfromclwyd.org.uk/

PS - I've linked to FindMyPast on a previous meesage:

Ancestry is not very good at all for Flintshire - or many of the Welsh counties. I'd never look there for them. Family Search is now much better but normally you'd need to go to parish records - available from a number of sources, including the Clwyd FHS.

http://www.clwydfhs.org.uk/publications.htm

Some are now also available from FindmyPast (pay site) https://www.findmypast.co.uk

(P.S. Some records can get missed)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 11:49 BST (UK) »
Do you have the baptism of Maria Morris circa 1810 or is this date derived from census info?

Offline shell2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 11:52 BST (UK) »
I'll check now

Offline shell2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 12:00 BST (UK) »
Ok, I have a Maria and a Mary Morris I thought there were the two girls. I can only find Mary Morris on 1841 census born Henllan 1811 and then 1861 census born 1811 Whitford. I must have found the Maria Morris too on some other documentation to of added her and the other siblings. Its a while since I have worked on this part of the tree and its all pretty newly developed but confirmed as real by Margaret Morris and Samuel Jones marriage cert as parents as confirmed as correct then found the families from the names.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 12:01 BST (UK) »
Using the namesfromclwyd site I can only find baptisms for Morris at Whitford.It isn't easy you have to open the reference numbers in a new tab!I didn't even bother looking for a Williams!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk