Author Topic: closed Kathlyn Mary Sybil Crewe ( Edited) b1905  (Read 6090 times)

Offline harris122

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
closed Kathlyn Mary Sybil Crewe ( Edited) b1905
« on: Wednesday 08 August 12 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi There I have had to edit this post as I have made a really stupid mistake thinking that I had the right person when in fact there details were similar and even bought the birth certificate.

Right what I am after is help with the following

Kathlyn Mary Sybil Crewe aged 24 who on 22nd March 1929 daughter of William Charles Crewe(engineer) married Claude Spencer Harris at St lukes Church in the Parish of West Norwood. Both Claude and Kathlyn resided at 69 Palace Road.

They had three children Peter, John and Judith and a still born that was born 13 june 1929 in Epsom

I now don't know where Kathlyn Mary is laid to rest though i did think it was in dorset or cirencester

Many Thanks

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kathleen Mary Harris/ Crewe
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 August 12 13:25 BST (UK) »
On her marriage reg she has an extra middle initial??

Marriage reg
Mar qtr 1929
Lambeth
Surrey
Kathleen Mary S Crewe
Claude Spencer Harris
1d 407

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 August 12 13:34 BST (UK) »
there is this death reg (d.o.b. doesn't match what you have)
Kathleen Mary S Harris
born 3 July 1901
death reg Dec qtr 1987
age 86
Bournemouth
23 186

and this one

Kathleen Mary Harris
born 3 Mar 1903
Death reg Jun 1981
age 78
Stratford upon Avon
31 0341

may be worth getting the marriage cert to be sure you have the correct Kathleen Mary S???

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline harris122

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 August 12 20:00 BST (UK) »
Hi all thank you for your input. I am confused myself as I know on her birth certificate she is down as Kathleen Mary born October 1st 1903 . Then the marraige is as you saw Kathleen Mary S ( Sybill). I believe she lived in Alcester in 1930's and she gave birth to a still born in Surrey ( I think Epsom but don't quote me) prior to being married to Claude. Not sure if that helps at all. Ive also seen her name spelt as Kathlyn. Her son Peter was born in 1934, Her son John was born around 1940's in cirencester I believe. Not sure if any of that helps at all.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 August 12 23:13 BST (UK) »
It looks like son Peter was b 1930??

Birth reg
Peter S H Harris
mother's maiden name Crewe
Dec qtr 1930
Alcester 6d 1266

Death reg

peter H S harris
Jun qtr 1964
age 34
Henley Oxon
6b 907

then there was a daughter
Birth reg
Judith A Harris
Dec qtr 1937
Bromsgrove
6c 347

Marriage reg
Judith A harris
Mar qtr 1958
Cirencester
7b 853
won't post the groom's name as he may still be living

Death reg
Judith A Sprackling
born 19 Nov 1937
death reg July 2000
Chichester
B54B 7791B 212

there was also another son with mother's maiden name Crewe- but he may still be living

Do you have Kathleen Mary Sybil's marriage cert???

Suz

Offline harris122

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 August 12 19:47 BST (UK) »
I am useless Peter was born in 1930 I get it mixed as I think of his accident in 1964. None of Kathleen's children are alive and the child missing as I am sure you found out is John he died in 1997 stroud district. Judith's husband passed a few years after his name was Richard. Claude I think remarried and he passed in 1987 in chichester. I wonder if Kathleen re married or if she kept her married name? I do know she lived near the amphitheatre in Cirencester. I do have her marraige certificate.

She was married in St Lukes Church in the Parish of west norwood in london 22nd March 1929 both living at 69 Palace Road father william charles Crewe who was an engineer but says she was 24 at the time so I was wrong she was born in 1905 what an idiot I am. I didn't think to cross ref when they came in. Now I am totally lost .

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 09 August 12 22:21 BST (UK) »

She was married in St Lukes Church in the Parish of west norwood in london 22nd March 1929 both living at 69 Palace Road father william charles Crewe who was an engineer but says she was 24 at the time so I was wrong she was born in 1905 what an idiot I am. I didn't think to cross ref when they came in. Now I am totally lost .

Hi,

It is not unknown for a lady to vary her age on her marriage certificate.   ;)  My gt.grandma married 3 times and every time her age did not match with her birth certificate.   ::)

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline harris122

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kathlyn Mary Sybil Crewe ( Edited) b1905
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 11 August 12 20:28 BST (UK) »
I have now been told by someone she may have died in 1973 but I really do not know I wish I had more to go on.

she was co owner of a gas cylinder factory Claude Spencer harris in love lane cirencester, they both lived in London, alcester , bromsgrove and cirencester

Offline harris122

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kathlyn Mary Sybil Crewe ( Edited) b1905
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 11 August 12 20:40 BST (UK) »
sorry lost battery.

I do feel she divourced from her husband Claude Spencer Harris though I am not sure when. When there son Peter died 30th May 1964 the were listed in the funeral announcement as being married.

I do believe her husband Claude was seperated from her when he owned the vale of the white horse in minety and when he lived at la floret in somerford keynes.

It is quite possible that she lived in 42 cecily hill Cirencester and gooseacre lane cirencester. She may have even gone with her husband on a trip to canada in 1948.

As I have said before I was told she may have died in Dorset or Cirencester and so have posted in both places and also mentioned about her on the London board as she lived with claude at 69 palace Road and got married in st lukes church.