Author Topic: James Isles esq Armagh Ireland 1801  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Isles esq Armagh Ireland 1801
« on: Thursday 09 August 12 09:18 BST (UK) »
Hello All

This is really a difficult one and it will be a real achievement if any information is found but here goes.  I am trying to locate the parents of James Isles and locate him after his marriage and then to records for children etc.

James Isles married Mary Ann Hall daughter of Edward Hall esq and Mary of Sion Hill Middlesex on 28 Dec 1801 at Isleworth All Saints Hounslow Middlesex.  The marriage was listed in the Gentlemans Magazine and Historical Chronicle 1801 Vol xxi.  All that it said was  James Isles esq was from Armagh Ireland.

Not much I know but one never knows their luck.  Heres hoping.
Kind regards and in anticipation
Mxmar0

Offline Lincs071

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: James Isles esq Armagh Ireland 1801
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 April 18 13:17 BST (UK) »
I can help with that.  James Iles (sic) was my ggg-grandfather.  I have documented connections both up and down the tree from him.  PM me if you are still looking.

Edward

Offline Lincs071

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 April 18 09:06 BST (UK) »
Regret I can't yet send PMs.  I suspect it's because I have only just joined this forum and need to get some postings out before the function is enabled for me.

I have sent you details from my hotmail service.  Please check the message didn't get swept into a junk folder by mistake.

Edward

Offline Lincs071

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 April 18 09:16 BST (UK) »
I am very interested to hear more about James Iles' father-in-law's siblings, your antecedent Mary Hall and her brother Christopher, whose will you have (according to a post of yours in another thread).

The other common piece of information that I have which is aligning with yours is that the line goes through a Mr Hall of Whenby.  I don't have any documentary support for the mention of this in my family papers but I see that you have obtained a latin entry that appears to reference Christopher Hall's baptism in 1695.  The date is perfectly consistent with Edward Hall, my gggg-grandfather having been born in 1731 - a date which I can corroborate from a biographical record of his death "in his 85th year" in 1816.

Edward